Director of the Health Professions Interdisciplinary Center for Simulation (Grant Funded Position)
Bergen Community College, serving a diverse student body on its suburban campus, has a grant funded leadership opportunity for a Director of the Health Professions Interdisciplinary Center for Simulation to work collaboratively with health profession program directors, clinical coordinators and Deans to implement healthcare simulation throughout the Health Professions Division. This position will coordinate Inter-Professional simulation education (IPE) activities for the Health Professions Division, including non-credit credential programs; design, develop, and implement simulation activities for all levels of health care education faculty members and student learners; develop and maintain simulation training materials such as manuals, program guidelines, data collection protocols and standard operating procedures for use within the Health Professions Interdisciplinary Center for Simulation; coordinate professional development activities related to the advancement of simulation best practices including orienting and educating faculty members, staff and students on the use and operation of simulation equipment; manage digital recording activities and establish effective archive process; engage faculties and students to increase and improve current simulation activities; inventory management including organizing purchase requisitions and acquiring creative, low cost solutions; collaborate with IT department and personnel to ensure that technology is up to date, operational and functioning at all times; establish and facilitate an active, engaged Advisory Board; network with community partner stakeholders and facilitate the utilization of the Center with stakeholders; perform other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Current NJ health professions credential required
- American Heart Association (AHA) certification for HPBLS, ACLS and PALS Instructor status preferred
- 3 years of active simulation experience in a multidisciplinary environment preferred
- Knowledge of the Society of Simulation in Healthcare Accreditation Standards preferred
- Knowledge of health career scope of practice and pathways to profession specific credentialing
- Adaptability, excellent problem solving skills and affability required
- Excellent communication and computer skills
- Proven leadership and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Colleague ( College Management System) preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must be able to lift 75 pounds
- Flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Application materials will be accepted until position is filled. All interested candidates should send a letter of intent (including the job code G-SIM DIRECTOR) curriculum vitae, transcripts, salary requirements, and three professional references with current contact information. Send materials by email with the appropriate job code in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bergen Community College
Department of Human Resources
400 Paramus Road, Room A-316
Paramus, New Jersey 07652
EOE/NJ First Act Employer
Smoke-Free and Drug-Free Workplace