LIBRARY SERVICE ASST I/ II
Duties: The Dental Library LSA works as a team member with one other LSA and the Librarian, and is engaged in most of the Library's operations. Duties:
* Performs tasks related to the circulation of library materials, including charging, discharging, renewing, searching for, and retrieving books for patrons.
* Lends library laptops and reserve material.
* Participates in room scheduling activities.
* Assists patrons in locating and accessing library materials using tools such as Franklin, BorrowDirect +, E-ZBorrow, and PubMed Plus.
* Monitors the current and renovated library spaces, on all three floors of the facility, several times daily, reporting any problems promptly. Makes sure that equipment is working, library spaces are clean, lighting is intact, temperature is comfortable, furniture is in place, and the designated use of the various spaces is running smoothly.
* Shares responsibility for Document Delivery services, including Scan & Deliver, Call Slip, Borrow-Direct, and E-Z Borrow. Performs scanning functions as requested.
* In conjunction with the other LSA, monitors LibAnswers multiple times per day, forwarding relevant requests to the librarian.
* Resolves patron problems and communicates with patrons by telephone, email or in-person.
* Provides basic printer, scanner, and copier trouble-shooting, and reports problems.
* Performs packing and unpacking, for various projects related to moves, and to assist with the withdrawal of books. Makes lists of donated material.
* Processes new print material, checks new records in Franklin for accuracy, discharges items to confirm receipt, adds charge slips, and displays new items on the new book shelf.
* Participates in shelving, shelf-reading, and planned shifts of library material as needed.
* Assists the Librarian with directional and ready-reference questions.
* Shares in the requesting, receiving, and distributing of supplies, keeping track of usage and ordering replacement supplies as needed.
* Answers telephone calls, routing calls to appropriate staff members, taking messages. Monitors library-related email accounts.
* Gathers and keeps library statistics such as the gate count and temperature/humidity reports.
* Coordinates with the other LSA to provide coverage for library services during lunch hours/ breaks /vacations /and sick time.
* Picks up and drops off mail to the mailroom.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
Qualifications: * Strong customer service orientation
* Excellent attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and as a team member
* Strong written and communication skills helpful
* Demonstrated ability to work well with colleagues and the public
* Good judgment and dependability
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
Reference Number: 50-25026
Salary Grade: U
Employment Type: Non-Exempt
Org: University Library
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: 1-Unionized