Parking Enforcement Specialist
The Department of Parking Services serves the University of Denver by providing parking for students, faculty, staff and visitors to campus. The Department of Parking Services is responsible for managing the supply and demand of all parking spaces on campus including both surface and structured lots, and strives to provide equitable, quality service to the University.
Our goals are achieved through:
* Being courteous, fair, and timely
* Proactive planning for campus parking needs
* Maintaining safe and clean parking facilities
* Enforcing University parking policies
* Managing the permitting process
* Providing exceptional customer service
* Managing special event parking
The Parking Enforcement Specialist is assigned to Parking and Transportation Services within Campus Safety and reports to the Field Operations Manager. This position is the primary parking enforcement personnel for the University. The duties include, but are not limited to, parking enforcement and management, customer service, vehicle traffic control, office staff augmentation and augmenting the Campus Safety Patrol operations when needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in very fluid situations.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment that requires individual thought and initiative.
* Capable of facilitating the interactions of diverse needs and complex organization.
* Ability to maintain professional standards and conduct during stressful and often times emotional situations.
* Ability to deliver and follow detailed instructions.
* Possess strong oral and written communication skills.
* Strong intermediate computer skills to include experience with Windows based applications, Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Ability to successfully complete specialized training.
* Thorough knowledge of simple set-up, adjustment and operational procedures of work-related equipment.
* Ability to understand and enforce policies and procedures, recognize situations that might require consultation with a supervisor.
* Ability to stay calm under occasional stressful situations and respond to customer concerns in a professional manner.
* Ability to use electronic devices and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions.
* Ability to download pictures from a digital camera, sort and upload pictures to parking software.
* Ability to deal with customers in person, via e-mail, and telephonically.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Must possess a valid driver's license, be able to get a Colorado drivers license within the amount of time required by the state, and be insurable under University guidelines.
* Ability to successfully complete and maintain certification in Basic First Aid/CPR and Defensive Driving.
* Must pass a complete background check to include criminal, driving and employment history.
* Must pass a pre-employment physical and physical assessment test administered by a University approved physician.
* Associate's degree in a related field.
* 1-2 years of law enforcement, campus safety or parking experience.
* Parking enforcement experience at a University.
* City of Denver Guard license.
* PPCT certification.
Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Monday - Thursday, 1:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LBGT community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check, Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), Pre-Employment Physical, Drug Screen and Physical Assessment Test.