University of San Diego
Department: Auxiliary Services
The Hospitality Director is responsible for the management of all aspects of Conference Services, Catering Services and the Sales Office in accordance with the Auxiliary Services Standards. Manages professional and support staff to provide logistical support, planning, coordination and execution for on- and off-campus educational, cultural, and programmatic conferences and catering events. Solicits, manages, markets and coordinates year-round conference and special event programming that generates minimum $6 million dollars annual revenue to the Auxiliary Services. Fosters solid relations with internal and external partners in an effort to strategically recruit clients to the University; develops programs that add value to existing University of San Diego programs and are cohesive to the mission of the university. Positively represents the University of San Diego to organizers and conference participants and supports the organization's mission of providing students, the university community, and guests with high quality customer service.
General supervision is received from the Executive Director, Auxiliary Services, and the Hospitality Director exercises supervision over administrative/professional staff, clerical and student staff in the areas of Sales, Conference Services, Catering & Banquets.
•	Sales – Oversees the successful development and execution of an internal and external sales plan designed to increase revenue and expand client base while maintaining consistency with the university's mission, values and existing programming.
•	Conference/Catering Services – Oversees client relations, providing professional guidance and customer service to all clients throughout events.
•	Coordinates services with internal departments and external vendors as needed to meet the client's needs.
•	Financial Management – Plans, directs and oversees the financial activities of the Hospitality department.
•	Supervision and department administration
•	A degree in Hospitality Management, Food Management or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience to match educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
•	At least 5 years of related experience and at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
•	Supervisory and leadership experience in commercial or university hospitality, hotel or conference services management.
Special Conditions of Employment:
•	Must complete the University's Hazard Communication program.
•	Available to work flexible schedule to accommodate events.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
•	The Hospitality Director holds primary responsibility to ensure a well-attended, well planned, and smoothly executed conference/catering/special event.
•	The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a deep knowledge of conference/catering/special event complexities and solutions; the ability to build teams through sharp analysis and clear communication and relationships; sensitivity to diverse range of customer base.
•	Knowledge of the physical campus facilities and residence hall facilities in accordance with the University Mission Statement.
•	Knowledge of campus department and residence hall policies and procedures.
•	Knowledge and ability to accurately prepare individual conference budgets in a timely fashion.
•	Knowledge of planning and coordination steps for conferences.
•	Knowledge of business English, spelling, and grammar.
•	Knowledge of the appropriate questions to ask in guiding client through the conference planning process. Perform exceptional customer service and instill this quality in subordinates.
•	Possess good time management and communication skills, both written and oral.
•	Ability to communicate clearly and politely on the telephone.
•	Ability to draft correspondence, reports, etc.
•	General knowledge of Purchasing Principles and Accounting procedures.
•	Ability to gather information about conference services desired, research and determine appropriate expenses associated with services, prepare a budget document reflecting these expenses or extrapolating as necessary.
•	Ability to establish and maintain good rapport with clients, staff and other departments to work effectively in a strong service-oriented environment with frequently changing priorities and deadlines.
•	Ability to plan, organize and carry out assignments effectively with limited supervision.
•	Ability to analyze information, assess situations and make decisions.
•	Ability to negotiate with others.
•	Superior organizational and management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
•	Superior computer skills and Microsoft software including Word and Excel, database management experience required
•	Ability to work effectively as a team member as well as independently, demonstrating initiative and creativity.
•	Ability to effectively supervise the work of others.
•	Ability to confront and communicate with others in a conflict situation to resolution in a professional manner consistent with the Mission of the University.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer.USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Hours: 40 hours per week
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus.For more information, visithttp://www.sandiego.edu/smoke-free/
To Apply: http://www.sandiego.edu/jobs/
In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers' review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at email@example.com