Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Posting #: 16-090
Campus: Foothill College
Number of Working Months: 11 Months
Starting Salary: $62,772-$103,094 annually*
Open Until Filled: Open Until Filled
Employment Duration: Full-Time
Initial Review Date: 2/10/17*
*Any complete applications received after the review date will only be forwarded to the hiring committee at their request.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the faculty position of Equity Librarian, Foothill College.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
Foothill College is seeking a collaborative, innovative, and service-oriented Equity, Outreach and Instruction Librarian to provide focused support for the delivery of library instruction, services, and resources to diverse populations as identified in the Foothill College Student Equity Plan.
As a member of the library instruction team, further the goals of the library's instruction program through the development, revision, teaching, and assessment of credit courses, as well as library research workshops and orientations, for delivery in both classroom and online environments for diverse populations.
Establish strategic partnerships with learning communities including the First-Year Experience Program, Puente, Umoja, STEM Core, and other programs serving targeted student groups by identifying outreach opportunities, developing and implementing instructional activities and services, and assessing student learning outcomes.
Collaborate with teaching faculty to create engaging information literacy related assignments, activities, and tutorials that address achievement gaps for targeted student groups and advance the library's goal of integrating information literacy across the curriculum.
Collaborate with the collection development librarian to develop methods to review, assess, and develop the library's collections to provide the resources and formats necessary to support the needs of targeted student groups.
Identify and implement new methods, including emerging technologies, for bringing library services to targeted student groups.
This position may be required to work up to two evenings a week and to provide library support at the off-site Sunnyvale Education Center as needed to support diverse populations.
Standard duties of all librarians include providing reference service, serving as a liaison to one or more academic divisions, selecting library materials, and participating in division and department meetings. Additionally, the job provides opportunities for professional growth and service to the college and the District.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Master's in library science, or library and information science, OR the equivalent.
1. Commitment to culturally responsive pedagogy and assessment that engages a diverse student population and values the affective domain
2. Demonstrated commitment to equity in education and socially just practices
3. Experience teaching library instruction sessions to undergraduates.
4. Experience creating library instruction materials such as tutorials, research guides, and assignments.
5. Demonstrated ability and commitment to working as a member of a diverse department and division.
6. Demonstrated ability to assume leadership roles, developing programs, and/or participating in shared governance.
7. Experience designing tools to assess student learning.
8. Experience collaborating with faculty to incorporate information competency into campus curriculum using an equity lens.
9. Knowledge and experience using current instructional delivery methods and techniques.
10. Evidence of both professional initiative and flexibility.
11. Strong oral and written communication skills, including engaging presentation skills.
12. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
1. A District application to be completed at www.fhda.edu/careers *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. A cover letter (no more than one page) detailing your qualifications/skills/abilities, which support your candidacy.
3. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
4. A statement of philosophy (no more than two pages) that articulates your views on the importance of teaching information competency at a community college and how it can contribute to helping a college achieve its equity goals and lowering the achievement gap.
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
Application materials not required for this position will not be accepted.
HIRING RANGE: $62,772-$103,094 annually* plus benefits; actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience*.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/All%20Faculty%20Schedules_16-17.pdf
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long-term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. Faculty are also eligible for paid sabbatical leaves and stipends for educational and professional development.
For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full-time, Tenure-track position; 11 months per year.
STARTING DATE : Fall 2017
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews. All interviewing costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
*This position will become Open Until Filled after the initial Closing Date. Any complete applications received while the position is Open Until Filled will be reviewed by the hiring committee only upon committee request.
To apply, visit: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/