Annual Fund Officer
Annual Fund Officer
Posting Number: 20171263S
Position Type: Staff
Recruitment Type: Internal/External Applicants
Work Schedule: FT/12 Month
Department: 604 - University Advancement
The Annual Fund Officer will be responsible for establishing and managing effective relationships with annual fund prospects and existing annual fund donors. The Annual Fund Officer under the supervision of the Director of Annual Giving will plan and implement annual fund leadership gifts strategies in support of the Villanova Annual Fund; identify and qualify potential donors; and design and implement successful cultivation and solicitation strategies. The AFO will be responsible for helping to meet the unrestricted Annual Fund goal and assist with the efforts to increase Villanova's alumni participation rate. The AFO is expected to conduct 12 to15 prospect visits per month and manage a portfolio of 125 to 150 prospects with an annual gift capacity of $2,500 to $10,000.
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Cultivate, Solicit and Steward Annual Fund Donors: Identify and manage a portfolio of at least 125 to 150 annual fund prospects which includes primarily individuals with specific affiliation and/or giving interest to Villanova University. Work to establish and manage effective relationships prospects and annual fund donors. Identify and evaluate potential donors; design and implement prospect cultivation and solicitation strategies, including planning and executing events to engage donors. Conduct 12 to15 prospect visits per month and provide stewardship for assigned prospects.
- Regional Club Fundraising and Events: Work closely with Alumni Relations staff to create opportunities to assist regional clubs with their fundraising efforts. This includes but is not limited to golf outings and other events hosted to raise dollars for scholarships or other designations. Attend appropriate events and meetings to help leverage gifts and increase the participation rate among the regional clubs.
- In conjunction with the Director of Annual Giving, and other University Advancement staff, assist in coordinating development activities including but not limited to Homecoming, Reunion Weekend, and regional events.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business/ Marketing/ Communications.
- Must have an understanding of fundraising, sales and/ or volunteer management. Experience with segmentation, direct marketing, and personal solicitation preferred.
- Three to five years of experience in fundraising/sales.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment required. Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills required. Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of general office equipment, including personal computers, word processing, Excel, Access and or other spreadsheet programs required. Knowledge of Banner or other fundraising software.
Physical Requirements and/or Unusual Work Hours
Evening and weekend work and travel required.
Special Message to Applicants
Posting Date: 02/16/2017
Closing Date (12am ET):
Open Until Filled:
Salary Posting Information: Commensurate with experience.
Salary Band: I
Job Classification: Exempt
To apply, visit: https://jobs.villanova.edu/postings/10706
Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order. Diversity and inclusion have been and will continue to be an integral component of Villanova University's mission. The University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and seeks candidates who understand, respect and can contribute to the University's mission and values. Villanova University is committed to providing leadership in the attainment of equal employment for all individuals. It is the policy and practice of Villanova University to recruit and select applicants on the basis of their qualifications and abilities. This effort is in compliance with all federal and state laws, including Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1975, Executive Order 11246, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.