Director of Student Engagement
Director of Student Engagement
University of Redlands
POSITION CODE NUMBER: 3644
DEPARTMENT: Student Life
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, 12-month
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
POSITION AVAILABLE: July 1, 2017
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 Months
POSTING DATE: February 17, 2017
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open Until Filled
The University of Redlands is seeking a leader to oversee the Student Leadership and Involvement Center, with emphasis on student government, clubs and organizations, and University sponsored student activities. We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented director who will provide vision and leadership, and work in partnership with the various student and faculty/staff constituencies to develop student engagement centered programs. This includes ensuring a variety of opportunities for involvement in campus activities, advising ASUR, providing leadership development, supervision of administrators and staff (including student employees) for the Center, general management of the Student Leadership and Involvement Center, ASUR and Student Activities; and providing direction on fiscal management.
Applicants will possess a passion for the development of college students and will partner campus-wide to develop activities and programs that will effectively engage the total student population, including assessment, and long term planning.
• Oversees all aspects of the Associated Students of the University of Redlands (ASUR) including clubs and organizations, budget, finance, communications, leadership (executive and senate), newspaper, yearbook, social affairs, elections, judicial affairs, constitution, program planning, advisors board, etc.
• Assists with all aspects of New Student Orientations (NSO) which includes Fall, Spring, and summer programs.
• Ensures regular leadership development workshops/trainings including but not limited to ASUR Cabinet training, club and organization series, TRAIN and LEAD retreats.
• Ensures responsible management of most student sponsored events and many University wide annual events.
• Provides direction, advice, counsel to all student organizations, and individual students (as needed and when appropriate).
• Oversees URconnect (ORG SYNC) system.
• Manages related SLIC budget
• Maintains Social Media including but not limited to Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Supervises the Assistant Director and the Coordinator of Student Activities (engagement).
• Coordinates current R nights, Bulldog bus, and other Student Activity programs. Is creative in design of new and innovative approaches to college student engagement programs.
• Works to insure that campus information and resource are published accurately and in a timely manner.
• Oversees the campus wide Advertising policy and procedures.
• Serves on division and campus-wide committees as needed.
• Enforces all campus policies
• Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Bachelor's degree required with a Master's in student personnel administration, counseling, business or related field preferred. A minimum of five years experience in a student affairs position required. Successful candidate will possess strong interpersonal skills; the ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities in a fast paced organization with minimal supervision; have excellent written, analytical, and verbal skills; a willingness to be a team player and understand the issues facing University students today. Specific knowledge of database, spreadsheets, graphics, desktop publishing and word processing applications is essential. Must be able to use communication and negotiation skills to motivate and mediate, and have the capability to interact with diverse populations.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER