Administrator I (Manager of Administration) - Sacramento Police Department (CORRECTED)
Administrator I (Manager of Administration) - Sacramento Police Department (CORRECTED)
Job ID: 101945
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3318
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 13 scheduled paid holidays plus one personal holiday; excellent chose of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Recruitment Salary Range: $4,500 - $6,500 monthly
Classification Salary Range: $2,441 - $8,603 monthly
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. during summer; hours may vary based on operational need. Job Summary The Manager of Administration is responsible for the daily operation of the Administrative Services unit within the Police Department. Collaborative campus-wide initiatives will be a significant component of this position and will require a proactive approach in dealing with diverse constituencies.
This positions responsibilities include: providing leadership, direction, supervision, and guidance to unit personnel; coordinating community involvement programs, including emergency preparedness; managing social media, website and marketing functions; managing the department budget, ensuring appropriate assignment and utilization of funds, and providing accurate projections; planning, organizing and coordinating special events and programs for the department; representing the Chief of Police at related activities and functions; overseeing the maintenance of current Requests for Proposal (RFPs) and execution of projects, ensuring projects stay within scope, timeframe and budget.
In addition, the Manager will serve as the Clery Act Compliance Officer for the University. Reporting to the Chief of Police, the Clery Act Compliance Officer works collaboratively with various offices at the University to ensure the institutions compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and associated regulations. In that role, the Clery Act Compliance Officer will be responsible for the collection of pertinent data, the production of annual Clery report, and the tracking and reporting of Campus Security Authority (CSA) training. The Clery Compliance Officer will serve on numerous campus clery committees and sub-committees to ensure campus compliance, as well as collaborate with the Director of Security and the Office of Public Affairs to ensure compliance with the Emergency Notification (ENS) requirements of the Clery Act.
For more information on the Sacramento Police Department, please visit: http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Benefits/FLSA This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is also exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Required Qualifications Education:
- A Bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Experience managing, supervising or providing lead work direction to support staff
- Experience in the preparation, administration, and monitoring of a units budget
- Experience planning, organizing, and coordinating special events and/or programs (e.g. in a public safety setting.)
- Knowledge and understating of requirements of the Clery Act
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using standard office software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite) and databases
- Ability to oversee marketing and public relations functions (e.g. social media, website, and print)
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Ability to collect and report data
- Ability to assist in the development of grants Preferred Qualifications - Clery Act training and/or administration
- Familiarization with Title IX
- Work Experience with an institution of higher education
- Experience working in or with a police department
- Experience in a large enterprise setting License/Certification Valid CA drivers license and maintenance of good driving record. Eligibility Verification - Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Candidate will be required to provide evidence of degree(s) earned.
- California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS). Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, an on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Application Deadline Applications received by March 1, 2017, by 11:59 P.M. will be considered in the first review process and will continue until the position is filled. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/.
External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application
Click link for additional instructions on how to apply: http://www.csus.edu/it/acs/documents/internalAppProcedures.pdf
To ensure consideration, applicants must submit the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest. If you currently hold a tenured faculty position and you are interested in retreat rights to tenured faculty position at Sacramento State, please let us know in your letter of interest.
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidates professional qualifications (include name, email address, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Baron Siegfried Marsh
Human Resources/Employment Services
Phone number: 916-278-6076
For technical difficulties, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/