Job ID: 101944
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 8161
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours Work Hours: This is a full-time position. Regular work schedule will be determined upon hire. Varied hours including evening shifts may be required to meet operational need.
Salary Range: $5,690.00 - $9,851.00 Monthly Job Summary Physician Assistant in collaboration with the physician, provides a wide range of primary health care services, such as conducting physical examinations, assessing, diagnosing, treating and managing illnesses and injuries, ordering tests and interpreting the results, counseling patients on preventive and health maintenance services. The Physician Assistant works under the medical supervision of the Medical Director or designee and the administrative supervision of the Associate Director or Clinical Operations.
For more information on the Information Resources and Technology department visit: https://shcssacstate.org/ Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Knowledge:
Thorough knowledge of medical theories, practices and protocols relative to the scope of practice; thorough knowledge of subject areas such as growth and development, pathophysiology, psychosocial assessment, pharmacology, nutrition, disease management, and the principles of health maintenance; applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to practice as a Physician Assistant; and if assigned lead work direction, general knowledge of effective supervisory principles and practices.
Incumbents must possess the abilities and clinical competence required to work as a licensed Physician Assistant including, but not limited to, the ability to work independently in assigned areas of practice established by the supervising physician; demonstrate clinical competence in eliciting patient histories, conducting examinations, diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses and injuries, assessing patient needs, and making appropriate referrals; use clinical techniques and diagnostic tools; interpret laboratory and other test results; keep current with developments in the medical field pertinent to the incumbents scope of practice; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other health center staff; be sensitive to and communicate effectively with diverse patients; and, if assigned, provide lead work direction to specified health center support staff.
Education and Experience:
Academic degree or certificate from an approved college or university-based physician assistant medical training program or equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge and abilities.
License and Certifications:
Possess and maintain a valid license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of California. Licensing by the Medical Board of California requires passing the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE). If delegated authority to transmit medications, incumbents must possess and maintain a valid California transmitting number. In addition, incumbents who have been delegated the authority to transmit specific controlled substances must also possess and maintain a valid DEA number and certificate. Required Qualifications Education/Experience:
- Experience with womens health, including knowledge about family planning needs
- Basic (current) Cardiac Life Support recognition (CPR)
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Commitment to preventative care, a holistic patient care model and working in a fully integrated clinic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to providing the highest standard of treatment to a diverse campus community Preferred Qualifications - Two years experience in diagnosis and treatment of common acute and chronic illness in the ambulatory care and/or urgent care environments
- Supervisory/leadership experience
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) insertion experience
- Experience working with patients with mental health related issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- University student health service experience
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification License/Certification Possess and maintain a valid license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of California. Licensing by the Medical Board of California requires passing the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE). If delegated authority to transmit medications, incumbents must possess and maintain a valid California transmitting number. In addition, incumbents who have been delegated the authority to transmit specific controlled substances must also possess and maintain a valid DEA number and certificate.
Valid drivers license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position. Eligibility Verification - Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS). Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications received by 11:59p.m. Wednesday, March 1, 2017 will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application. The following items must be submitted with the application to be fully considered for this position:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidates professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
4. Valid CA license to practice and proof of DEA registration & number.
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Analyst Name: Baron Siegfried Marsh
Phone Number: 916-278-6076
For technical difficulties, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/