Nurse Practitioner (Family Nurse Practicioner)
Nurse Practitioner (Family Nurse Practicioner)
Job ID: 101943
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 8166
Job Grade: Range E
Salary and Hours Work Hours: This is a full-time position. Varied hours including evening shifts may be required to meet operational need.
Salary Range: $5,690.00 - $9,851.00 Monthly Job Summary Under the supervision of Medical Director and Associate Director of Clinical Operations, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) provides clinical and educational services in support of Student Health Care Services operations. Working independently and under general supervision, the NP administers medical care to patients utilizing written protocols as guidelines. The NP has the added responsibility of providing highly specialized and/or broad clinical duties that include planning, coordinating and evaluating ongoing medical care of students.
For more information on the Information Resources and Technology department visit: https://shcssacstate.org/ Benefits/FLSA This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Knowledge:
Comprehensive principles, methods and procedures; thorough knowledge of medical theories, practices and protocols relative to the scope of practice, subject areas such as growth and development, pathophysiology, psychosocial assessment, pharmacology, nutrition, disease management, and the principles of health maintenance, applicable state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to practice as a Nurse Practitioner; and general knowledge of effective supervisory principles and practices, if assigned lead work direction.
Possess the abilities and clinical competence required to work as a Nurse Practitioner including, but not limited to, the ability to work independently in assigned areas of practice established by the supervising physician; demonstrate clinical competence in eliciting patient histories, conducting examinations, diagnosing and treating acute and chronic illnesses and injuries, assessing patient needs and making appropriate referrals; use clinical techniques and diagnostic tools; interpret laboratory and other test results; keep current with developments in the medical field pertinent to the incumbents scope of practice; establish and maintain effective working relationships with other health center staff; be sensitive to and communicate effectively with diverse patients; and, if assigned, provide lead work direction to specified health center support staff.
Education and Experience:
Academic degree or certificate from an approved college or university-based Nurse Practitioner program or equivalent training and experience as outlined by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). Incumbents must be clinically competent in a medical specialty applicable to their position and possess sufficient experience to independently perform the duties of a Nurse Practitioner within that specialty.
License and Certifications:
Possess and maintain a valid California license as a Registered Nurse and a BRN certificate evidencing that the individual is qualified to use the title of Nurse Practitioner, as required by the California Board of Registered Nursing. In addition, if the incumbent is delegated the authority to furnish medications, the incumbent must possess and maintain a valid BRN Furnishing Certificate. If the furnishing procedures include the delegated authority to furnish specific controlled substances, incumbents must also possess and maintain a valid DEA number and certificate. Required Qualifications Licenses:
- Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License
- DEA license
- Experience with womens health, including knowledge about family planning needs
- Basic (current) Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Commitment to preventative care, a holistic patient care model and working in a fully integrated clinic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to providing the highest standard of treatment to a diverse campus community Preferred Qualifications - Masters degree or Advanced degree
- Two or more years experience in primary care
- Experience in college health or experience working with college-age patients
- Colposcopy certification/experience
- Intrauterine Device (IUD) insertion experience
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification License/Certification Possess and maintain a valid California license as a Registered Nurse and a BRN certificate evidencing that the individual is qualified to use the title of Nurse Practitioner, as required by the California Board of Registered Nursing. In addition, if the incumbent is delegated the authority to furnish medications, the incumbent must possess and maintain a valid BRN Furnishing Certificate. If the furnishing procedures include the delegated authority to furnish specific controlled substances, incumbents must also possess and maintain a valid DEA number and certificate.
Valid drivers license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position. Eligibility Verification - Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS). Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit: http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit: http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit: http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications received by 11:59p.m. Wednesday, March 1, 2017 will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application. The following attachments must be submitted with the application to be fully considered for the position:
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidates professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
4. Valid CA license to practice and proof of DEA registration & number.
5. Valid CA Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License.
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Analyst Name:Baron Siegfried Marsh
Phone Number: 916-278-6076
For technical difficulties, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/