Administrator III, Associate Dean for Students and Personnel, College of Arts and Letters
Administrator III, Associate Dean for Students and Personnel, College of Arts and Letters
Job ID: 101940
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3306
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 13 scheduled paid holidays plus one personal holiday; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Salary Range: $4,948.00 - $16,822.00 per month
Recruitment / Hiring Range: $4,948.00 - $10,500.00 per month
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., with other hours as required. Job Summary The Associate Dean serves at the pleasure of the President with concurrence of the Dean of the College. The Associate Dean assists the Dean in all aspects of administration of the College with a primary focus on College on student success, student and faculty concerns, and curriculum development. Its purpose is to ensure that student¿s receive the highest quality education we can provide and support a timely degree completion program for each major. High impact practices, clear curriculum mapping, and innovating curriculum planning are central to this position. This position represents the College to students, faculty, departments, University administration, and our community.
The Associate Dean provides leadership or and coordination of the College¿s faculty professional development efforts including grant development and internal funds. The Associate Dean is responsible for the staff and faculty personnel needs for college. Incumbent is responsible for addressing and resolving student-related issues and concerns. This position oversees and stewards the College¿s regional partnerships. As part of this, the occupant will work with departments on student/faculty research, external events management, curricular connections with the region, and the inclusion of high impact practices (internships/service learning, student/faculty research, global education) in degree plans.
For more information on the College of Arts and Letters, please visit: http://www.csus.edu/al/ Benefits/FLSA This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is also exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Required Qualifications Experience/Education:
1. Must be a tenured faculty member with terminal degree OR substantial background and preparation in at least one of the disciplines represented in the College may substitute for tenured faculty with terminal degree requirement.
2. Must have at least 2 years of Administrative Experience as department chair or equivalent position.
3. Experience in personnel management and staff development.
4. Experience with faculty recruitment, Retention, Tenure and/or Promotion, and Faculty Annual Review processes.
5. Experience with curriculum development, program planning, and implementation.
6. Experience working with community partnerships.
7. Experience working with students on academic/student related issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
8. Knowledge of faculty development and grant writing.
9. Knowledge of student success theory and practices.
10. Organization and time management skills
11. Analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
12. Understanding of unions and collective bargaining agreements and working in shared governance environment.
13. Ability to work effectively with individuals in collegial environment.
14. Excellent communication skills (written or verbal).
15. Strong interpersonal skills.
16. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse students and communities.
17. Experience and/or understanding of working with unions and contracts. Preferred Qualifications 18. Full professor in the College of Arts & Letters with a terminal degree in a discipline represented within the College.
19. Knowledge and general understanding of the units within the college and their unique needs.
20. Experience working in a union environment.
21. Administrative experience working with diverse disciplines.
22. Ability to develop interdisciplinary programs and work with outreach initiatives. License/Certification Valid California Driver's License and maintenance of safe driving record required. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Candidate will be required to provide evidence of degree(s) earned.
California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS). Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Application Deadline OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, March 1, 2017 will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application
To ensure consideration, applicants must submit the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest. If you currently hold a tenured faculty position and you are interested in retreat rights to tenured faculty position at Sacramento State, please let us know in your letter of interest.
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Five (5) references - including at least one supervisor, one peer, and one supervisee - who can speak to a broad range of candidate's professional qualifications (include name, email address, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
For technical difficulties with the online application, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/