Administrator II (Director of Academic Advising)
Administrator II (Director of Academic Advising)
Job ID: 101938
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3312
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive benefits package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 13 scheduled paid holidays plus one personal holiday; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM; schedule may vary based on operational need.
Classification Salary Range: $3,635-$12,456 Job Summary The Director of the Academic Advising Center reports to the Associate Vice President, Student Engagement and Success, and supervises the daily and ongoing operation of the Academic Advising Center. The Director collaborates with program coordinators and other campus colleagues to ensure seamless student service delivery, including but not limited to overseeing and managing First Year Advising, the First Year Experience Peer Mentor Program, the Second Year Success Program, Undeclared/Expressed Interest Advising, Drop-In Advising and other advising programs and initiatives.
For more information on the Academic Advising Center, please visit: http://csus.edu/acad/ Benefits/FLSA This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is also exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Required Qualifications - Bachelors Degree from an accredited college or university;
- Five years of professional experience in college or university student services, including two years professional experience in academic advising or a relative service;
- Experience working with students, faculty, staff, and administrators from diverse groups;
- Experience supervising professional staff;
- Experience with and responsibility for program development and assessment;
- Experience motivating and managing work teams to design, implement and evaluate programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget and strategic planning
- Extensive knowledge of student development theory and academic advising best practices;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish and maintain cooperative relationships Preferred Qualifications - Masters in Educational Counseling, Educational Leadership, College Student Personnel, or a related field;
- Experience working with college or university faculty and an understanding of faculty governance;
- Demonstrated knowledge of database management and student record systems
- Familiarity with customer relationship management (CRM) technology platforms designed to connect student services professionals, faculty, and administrators (e.g., EAB) License/Certification Valid drivers license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position. Eligibility Verification - Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- Candidate will be required to provide evidence of degree(s) earned.
- California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS). Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Application Deadline Applications received by March 1, 2017, by 11:59PM will be considered in the first review process and will continue until the position is filled. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/.
External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application
Click link for additional instructions on how to apply: http://www.csus.edu/it/acs/documents/internalAppProcedures.pdf
To ensure consideration, applicants must submit the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest. If you currently hold a tenured faculty position and you are interested in retreat rights to tenured faculty position at Sacramento State, please let us know in your letter of interest.
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidates professional qualifications (include name, email address, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Baron Siegfried Marsh
Human Resources/Employment Services
Phone number: 916-278-6076
For technical difficulties, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/