Administrative Support Coordinator (Program Coordinator) (3 Positions)
Administrative Support Coordinator (Program Coordinator) (3 Positions)
Job ID: 101937
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job Code: 1035
Job Grade: Coordinator I
Salary and Hours Work Schedule: Hours may vary based on department needs.
Salary Range $16.42 - $26.65 per hour Job Summary The Academic Programs Unit hosts a variety of both academic and non-credit course offerings, programs, certificates, and degrees that serve traditional and non-traditional students.
Under the supervision of the EES I, EES II, ASC II or designated HEERA manager, the program coordinator is responsible for assisting in the planning, delivery, promotion, evaluation, and tracking of various courses, programs, workshops, seminars, and special events with a moderate to high level of complexity. The program coordinator participates in meetings with other departments regarding courses, maintains current processes, serves as a point of contact for program information (internally and externally), may occasionally represent the program at industry events and provides some direction to the program support coordinator or temporary assistants. In addition, the program coordinator may be responsible for coordinating the process of implementing ongoing student services, new student recruitment, and day-to-day coordination of academic programs.
For more information on the College of Continuing Education, please visit: http://www.cce.csus.edu/ Benefits/FLSA This position may be covered by health benefits, and is non-exempt, (eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Minimum Qualifications Entry to this classification requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. Additionally, incumbents are expected to have a thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation and be able to clearly communicate orally and in writing. Some positions may require a knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic. The ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and software packages is also a prerequisite.
These entry qualifications would normally be obtained through a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents combined with several years of related office work experience. Required Qualifications Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific
guidelines may not exist
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures
- Ability to perform business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data,
and make simple projections
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports
- Ability to effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher
level and those sensitive in nature
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (may include evenings and weekends)
- Ability to travel to on and off-campus sites as needed for courses, programs, and events Preferred Qualifications - Experience working in an institution of higher education License/Certification Valid drivers license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position. Eligibility Verification - Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS). Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Hiring Preference Eligible on-campus applicants in California State University Employees Union (CSUEU) Bargaining Units 2, 5, 7, and 9 will be given first consideration in the recruitment. Application Deadline Open Until Filled: Applications received by 11:59 p.m., Wednesday, March 1, 2017 will be considered in the first review process and will continue until the position is filled. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application.
1. Letter of interest (Cover letter).
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate¿s professional qualifications (including name, title, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
Baron Siegfried Marsh
For technical difficulties, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/