Administrator III, Associate Dean, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Administrator III, Associate Dean, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Job ID: 101936
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3306
Job Grade: Range A
Salary and Hours The salary is competitive and is negotiable depending on the strength of qualifications. This is a California State University Management Personnel Plan (MPP) position with an attractive package, which includes but is not limited to: a vacation accrual rate of 16 hours per month; 13 scheduled paid holidays plus one personal holiday; excellent choice of medical, dental and vision insurance, long term disability coverage, life insurance; and retirement benefits.
Salary Range: $4,948.00 - $16,822.00 per month
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Job Summary The Associate Dean works with the Dean and an additional Associate Dean to ensure the overall quality and success of undergraduate and graduate programs. This position will be responsible for assisting the Dean with budget planning and management; conducting analysis using various campus databases to inform decision making related to resource use, enrollment, and student success; cultivating and administering external grants to support college-wide academic programs; and directing the College's external communication through printed matter, internet and social media.
The College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics has approximately 194 faculty members and 3150 students. The College offers Bachelor's degrees in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Geography, Geology, Physics and Mathematics and offers Master's degrees in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Geology and Mathematics. The Dean's office is supported by an additional Associate Dean responsible for facilities, safety, space management and supervision of technical staff.
For more information of the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics, please visit: http://www.csus.edu/nsm Benefits/FLSA This position is defined in the Management Personnel Plan (MPP) of the California State University. It is excluded from the collective bargaining process and is also exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
This position is covered by health benefits, and is exempt, (not eligible for overtime compensation) according to the Fair Labor Standards Act.
For more information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/benefits/benefitsprograms.html Required Qualifications Education/Experience:
1. Candidates must possess a Ph.D. in a discipline represented in the College.
2. Evidence of accomplishment in teaching, research, scholarship and service such that the successful candidate is eligible for an appointment at the rank of tenured Full Professor in a department within the College.
3. At least two years of academic administrative experience in a college or university setting as program director, department chair, or equivalent.
4. Experience managing budgets.
5. Experience leading collaborative teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
6. Ability to direct and develop communication and marketing plans or campaigns to achieve communication-related objectives of strategic and organizational goals in various communication channels such as print, internet and social media.
7. Strong management skills.
8. Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality when needed.
9. Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
10. Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work effectively with individuals in a collegial and diverse environment.
11. Excellent organizational skills.
12. Strong data analysis and quantitative skills.
13. Knowledge of grant management and development.
14. Knowledge of student success theory and practices.
15. Ability to address the needs of a diverse student population.
16. Ability to work with diverse students and campus community.
Conditions of Employment:
-Ability to pass background check. Preferred Qualifications 17. Experience seeking and administering grants.
18. Leadership experience in the area of academic and curriculum development.
19. Experience with academic program outcomes assessment.
20. Experience working with students on academic/student related issues. License/Certification Valid driver's license and maintenance of good driving record, for occasional driving per the Essential Functions of the position. Eligibility Verification Candidate selected will be required to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Candidate will be required to provide evidence of degree(s) earned.
California State University, Sacramento is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management Positions (i.e. H1-B VISAS). Background Check A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with California State University, Sacramento. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current California State University, Sacramento employees who apply for the position. Conflict of Interest The duties of this position include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter. Child Abuse and Neglect Report The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in the California State University Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Equal Employment Opportunity California State University, Sacramento is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability. Sacramento State hires only those individuals who are lawfully authorized to accept employment in the United States.
It is the policy of California State University, Sacramento to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you need a disability related reasonable accommodation as part of the application and/or interviewing process, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/index.html
The University is committed to creating an education and working environment free from discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. For more information on mandatory training for new employees, visit http://www.csus.edu/hr/departments/equal-opportunity/Information%20for%20Job%20Applicants.html
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Fire Safety Right-To-know Act Notification. For additional information, visit http://www.csus.edu/aba/police/ Application Deadline OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications received by 11:59 p.m. Wednesday, March 1, 2017 will be given priority review. How To Apply Applications are only accepted through the Sacramento State jobs webpage located at http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. Once there, applicants can also click on the instructions link to see how to apply. External applicants can apply by clicking on the Staff and Management Opportunities at Sacramento State link. Internal applicants can apply by logging on My Sac State.
Please note: Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of application
To ensure consideration, applicants must submit the following materials to the on-line application:
1. Letter of interest. If you currently hold a tenured faculty position and you are interested in retreat rights to tenured faculty position at Sacramento State, please let us know in your letter of interest.
2. Current curriculum vitae/resume.
3. Three (3) references who can speak to a broad range of candidate's professional qualifications (include name, email address, and telephone number).
For questions regarding this search, contact:
For technical difficulties with the online application, please contact our IRT help desk at (916) 278-7337.
To apply, visit: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/