Vice President for Finance and Treasurer
Vice President for Finance and Treasurer
Reporting to the President, the Vice President for Finance and Treasurer is Sage's Chief Financial Officer. The Vice President provides leadership and executive oversight for a broad range of financial and support operations, including financial planning and budgeting, controller functions, auditing, cash and investment management, accounts payable, procurement, payroll, student financial services(including student financial aid) financial administration of donor gifts, contracts and grants, and human resource management. The Vice President will be a team builder and team player who enjoys working in collegial partnership with the institution's senior team.
The Vice President has the authority to execute financial documents consistent with Board policies and in the best interests of The Sage Colleges and represents the Colleges in matters related to her/his area of responsibility.
- Formulates and implements policies and strategies to assure The Sage Colleges' long-term financial strength.
- Monitors both short and long-term internal and external financial and operational developments to create forecasts that are current, accurate and proactive.
- Provides oversight for the Colleges' budget, internal and external financial reporting, investments, debt and endowment. Oversees preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Monitor Sage's financial aid programs and policies relative to peer institutions and recommend program enhancements to the President. Ensure that tuition "discounting" through financial aid achieves net revenue goals
- Adept at creating and maintaining a dynamic, forward-looking operation that provides exceptional customer service to a diverse constituency of students, faculty and staff.
- Experience in bringing diverse constituents into discussions and managing discourse and conflict resolution through to positive and accepted outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through listening, speaking, writing and presenting. Ability to present multifaceted materials and information in an understandable manner.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and communicate tactfully and diplomatically with the college and community to obtain input and gain support for college initiatives.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with vendors, external contractors and financial institutions.
- Ability to identify and follow up on opportunities for new partnerships and revenue streams.
- Strong technology skills, particularly related to financial reporting and modeling.
- Experienced in the use of ERP systems and the MS Office suite.
- Honesty, integrity, common sense, good judgment, and a sense of humor
- Master's Degree in a related field required; CPA or CMA certification preferred
- 7-10 years of directly related experience with a progressive increase in responsibilities
- 5-7+ years in higher education preferred
- Broad-based experience in strategic financial planning, finance and accounting, budgeting, treasury and endowment management, real estate matters and HR law.
The Sage Colleges will not discriminate in the recruitment or selection of faculty and employees, or in any other area of employment, on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, religion, religious belief, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and veteran status. In this regard, opportunities for advancement will be made available without bias. The College is also subject to state and federal laws, supports efforts to attract and retain fully qualified women and other minority group members for faculty and other positions. The Sage Colleges will comply with the letter and intent of all State and Federal laws and applicable orders pursuant to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
- No phone calls please.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
- Reports to:
The Sage Colleges include: Russell Sage College for women in Troy, NY, the coeducational Sage College of Albany, and the Sage Graduate Schools of Education, Health Sciences & Management operating on both campuses.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit the following documents by clicking on the APPLY NOW button and follow the steps.
- Cover letter
- A list of three professional references (Name, phone number, email address etc.)
Please Note: After submitting your Resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your cover letter and any additional documents you wish to send.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Sage Colleges Careers Account to check your completed application.