Team Coordinator Level III, Financial Aid
Provides efficient customer service for prospective and current students; provides responsible clerical support for the administration of Financial Aid in the Student Services division in carrying out the functions and responsibilities of the division. Some evenings/weekends may be required.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs various data entry functions in support of Financial Aid.
- Assists in the processing of mailed-in Financial Aid forms.
- Assists customers at the Financial Aid counter, as well as customers via telephone and internet inquiries. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills written, oral, and typed.
- Provides clerical support to the Director of Financial Aid.
- Utilizes various hardware and software applications.
- Assists with the filing of various forms in the Financial Aid Records Room.
- Schedules appointments as needed.
- Prepares materials for distribution.
- Researches student inquiries and necessary related data.
- Provides information and assistance to prospective students.
- Assists with divisional surveys and interviews.
- Handles confidential student related material and adheres to FERPA regulations
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED; Associate's degree preferred
- Three years of experience in a professional office environment.
- Prior experience in a Financial Aid office preferred
- PC and general office software knowledge is essential. Prior experience with Banner Student Information System Financial Aid Module preferred
- Should be personable, energetic, possess the ability to work well and communicate effectively with prospective and current students, staff, faculty, administration and colleagues
- Must possess sensitivity and understanding of people from all economic, educational and ethnic backgrounds
Women and Minorities Encouraged to Apply
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.