Senior Server Administrator
Senior Server Administrator is required to facilitate and maintain the following functionality in UTS: Installation and testing of server hardware and software, routine maintenance, and application of software and firmware updates.
Responsible for all functions associated with the efficient design, implementation and maintenance of the Windows server environment and to consult with end users and UTS management to determine server and system functional requirements.
Support Microsoft Windows servers and related systems:
- Acquire, maintain and support server hardware, software, and applications, as well as tools and equipment needed to support the server infrastructure.
- Install and test server hardware and software, perform routine maintenance, and apply software and firmware updates.
- Install and test server-based applications, perform routine maintenance, and apply patches.
- Serve as contact / vendor-liaison for local and remote locations to obtain clarification of problems and to identify solutions or corrective actions and to apply them.
- Create, find, and adapt management tools and automation.
- Consult with end users to identify hardware and software functional requirements and implement systems accordingly.
- Coordinate communication between vendors, users, management, and IT staff.
- Generate and analyze system use statistics and make recommendations concerning upgrades, capacity planning and configuration changes.
- Tune configuration of systems to enhance the performance and reliability of server and database resources.
- Prepare and maintain systems diagrams, as well as documentation of server hardware and software configurations.
- Perform routine resource and user administration on servers and related resources like shares and e-mail, including addition and deletion of user accounts and determining / granting appropriate rights and privileges.
- Manage and automate the University's storage environment providing backup and recovery processes and services.
- Determine the backup schedule, storage organization, and data protection using Unitrends and Compellent/IBM storage. Automate all backups.
- Design environment to test data recovery for all critical servers.
- Design, collaborate and implement data security using storage management tools.
- Prepare and maintain storage architecture diagrams, as well as documentation of storage hardware and software configurations.
- Tune configuration of backups to enhance the performance and reliability of ability to restore critical data.
- Work with vendors to support storage and server hardware, software, and applications, as well as tools and equipment needed to support Windows server infrastructure
- Support Disaster Recovery plan for all critical data and servers.
- Perform backups and restorations of server OS, applications and data.
- Test and document backup and recovery procedures on supported platforms.
- Plan and execute ongoing education and informational events required to remain current, fulfill other duties, and provide valuable advice to management on technology-related subjects.
- Provide support off-hours as needed with other server and system administrators.
- Ability to work well with a team of experienced professionals.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent 5-10 years' experience with:
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008, Sharepoint, Active Directory, and VMWare.
- Experience working in an O365 environment.
- Planning and automating enterprise backups for critical data using SAN, NAS, and traditional storage devices.
- Writing scripts as needed. Powershell preferred.
- MCSE Certification.
Job ID 2017-1246
Job Locations US - FL - Saint Leo