Director of Enrollment
Under the general direction of the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment, the Director of Enrollment is a dynamic leader responsible for all activities related to achieving the goals of Undergraduate and Graduate Enrollment, including key performance indicators related to student outreach, incoming student satisfaction, call quality, and growth goals.
The Director leads the overall recruitment and interview process and manages prospective student communications from the point of initial contact through registration of first term courses and through the first week of courses.
- Manages, trains, and develops a leadership team of 5 or more Associate Directors with a total team of 45+ individuals.
- Lead the training and management of student acquisition efforts with 5 or more Associate Directors of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions. Bring best practices in student acquisition and retention activities from both traditional and online environments.
- Ensure all members of the enrollment team operate with integrity and a focus on operating with the best interest of students in mind.
- Ensure through consistent auditing and coaching methods an outstanding enrollment through first-term registration experience for undergraduate and graduate online students.
- Ensure a smooth transition between Undergraduate and Graduate Enrollment Counselors and Undergraduate and Graduate Advisors through fostering a collaborative environment amongst all team members.
- Develop the Associate Director team's managerial skills so that they will be consistent, effective leaders and mentors to their team members in a proactive, student-centered approach.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to ensure that enrollment, retention, student satisfaction, and revenue objectives are achieved.
- Guide prospective student communication plan from the point of initial contact through first term registration. Identify opportunity areas for improvement.
- Partners with the Admissions Operations/Decision Support, Enrollment Project Management, and Training Development teams that process documents and monitor compliance of enrollment staff with all internal and external policies and regulations.
- Assist in developing strategies for the mining of prospective applicant data, and create a plan for outreach and follow through that maximizes enrollment potential of qualified students.
- Create and sustain a culture of excellence, community and integrity.
- Assist in providing clear processes and performance expectations to ensure employees have a solid understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Assist in developing strategies for involving alumni and current students in the recruiting and mentoring process.
- Ensure compliance with all Saint Leo policies and all federal, state and accreditation requirements.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Based at the Tampa Student Support Center with periodic travel to University Campus
- Ability to engage with a variety of constituents (prospective and current students, alumni, faculty, etc.) from many different cultural backgrounds.
- Superior organizational skills; ability to execute multiple objectives concurrently.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends. Minimal travel required.
- Proficiency with MS Office and managing student databases required.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Three or more years of progressive experience in successful contact center management, with at least two years in higher education.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution required.
- Experience managing a team of 20 or more employees.
Job ID 2017-1236
Job Locations US - FL - Tampa