Associate Director for Co-Curricular Initiatives
Functional Title Associate Director for Co-Curricular Initiatives
Position Type Administration - Staff
Internal Posting, Permanent UNCG Employees Will Only Be Considered
The Division of Student Affairs empowers students to be successful by supporting and challenging students' exploration and development of their unique potential in a community of mutual respect, thus creating and contributing to opportunities for learning beyond and within the classroom.
• Encourages an inclusive environment of awareness and appreciation of diversity.
• Collects, analyzes, and uses data to modify or improve programs and services and documents student learning outcomes.
• Promotes opportunities by and for students.
• Provides opportunities for intellectual, cultural, career, physical, emotional, social, and ethical development.
• Involves students in an environment that models and promotes responsible citizenship, active engagement, and leadership in a safe and caring community.
• Collaborates with both internal and external audiences in support of the Division mission.
• Designs, constructs, and maintains facilities that support programs and services.
• Provides efficient, effective, and secure technological resources to support programs and services.
• Manages operational policies, procedures, and processes to deliver programs and services effectively.
• Celebrates individual and collective achievements of students and staff within Student Affairs, as well as recognizing members of the University community who actively support Student Affairs.
• Promotes opportunities for staff development and professional growth.
The Associate Director for Co-Curricular Initiatives is a full-time professional position which will develop, direct, and administer the co-curricular transcript process for UNCG students through the use of technology products. The co-curricular service will have a direct impact on educational experiences outside of classroom and campus life. This position will design and deliver co-curricular transcripts and will work closely with faculty, staff, and students to prepare, evaluate, and track transcript items. The incumbent is also required to make decisions on recognition and registration of student organizations on campus according to FERPA policy requirements, as well as national information. The position will also conduct data analysis, statistical analysis, and will use technical and statistical software. Incumbent will provide training to campus and will write reports and information papers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implementation and Maintenance of the SpartanConnect co-curricular transcript - In partnership with students, vendors, student affairs units, and academic units, provide campus-wide implementation, maintenance, and ongoing support for the co-curricular transcript system for all UNCG students. Identify improvements for the system and propose improvements to Associate Vice Chancellor. Implement best practices for development and management. Implement and maintain the SpartanConnect co-curricular transcript.
- Training and Project Lead - Provide training, support, and assistance to students, functional offices, and others who use CollegiateLink for organizations, transcripts, outcomes, and other functions.
- Reporting - Coordinate communications at all levels for staff, faculty, students, vendors, and other stakeholders. Develop, design, create, and maintain procedures, training manuals, reports and functional reporting. Assist users to create custom reports.
- Student Organizations registration, recognition, and affiliation - Review applications for student organization recognition and registration, and make decisions to approve or deny. Ensure FERPA compliance requirements are met and maintained. Report concerns and problems to Director of CAP and Associate Vice Chancellor. Process new and renewal requests in a timely and accurate manner.
- Data Management and Analysis - Using Banner, CollegiateLink, and other systems, analyze data for reports as requested by division senior management. Analyze attendance, demographics, history of events, and other variables related to events, programs, activities, and students.
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Vice Chancellor.
Master's Degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, College Personnel, College Administration required. At least four years of post-Master's experience working in campus activities, programming, instruction or similar is required.
Prefer additional certifications or education in mathematics, statistics, computer science, research, instructional design, or institutional research.
Tenure Status N/A
Recruitment Range $50,000
Org #-Department Student Affairs - 44501
Job Open Date 02/20/2017
For Best Consideration Date 03/06/2017
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
Type of Appointment 1.0 (Full-Time)
Time Limited? No
Number of Months per Year 12
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * In order to be considered for this position, you must currently be employed at UNCG on a permanent basis. Are you currently a permanent employee at UNCG?
To learn more or to apply for this position please visit our UNCGjobsearch website at https://jobsearch.uncg.edu