Student Life Manager - Associate Director of Student Life (Student Affairs)
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs at Hunter College, in addition to the duties listed in the CUNY Title Overview, the Associate Director of Student Life will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Manages the Office of Student Activities, its personnel and programming budget; and manages programs to provide Hunter College students with a full complement of leadership development and service learning opportunities.
- Develops initiatives to qualify students for pipeline programs through professional partnerships with outside agencies; and develops outreach opportunities for agencies to connect directly with Hunter Students to promote leadership development.
- Creates initiatives with student organizations, administrative and academic departments to provide a rich array of student programing and events.
- Oversees the execution of administrative operations for the Undergraduate and Graduate Student Governments to ensure accountability and compliance to their constitutional obligations.
- Monitors and facilitates student elections, chairs the committee that ensures all campaign activities meet rules and regulations.
- Reviews all aspects of student clubs and organizations, and oversees the resolution of student issues.
- Manages implementation of all on-and-off campus events for student clubs and organizations; and student engagement events promoting student academic excellence and leadership development..
- Conducts frequent assessment of program effectiveness through statistical summaries of participant data and program attendance.
- Manages College wide events such as Commencement, Convocation and Orientation.
- Works collaboratively with Institutional Advancement, Student Affairs, Financial Aid and Academic Departments recommending scholarship opportunities for students. This will include managing stewardship requirements.
- Chairs the College Association Committee.
- Oversees evening and weekend events as necessary.
Bachelor's degree and six years related experience required.
Candidates must possess a clear understanding of student development and the importance of co-curricular programming to student learning. Candidates must be able to provide leadership and service learning opportunities to students and have a proven record of success in program development and management. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to take initiative, use sound judgment to make decisions and resolve problems diplomatically and discretely. Must work effectively with a very diverse student body and be able to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, faculty, and a wide variety of campus departments. Must have strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities, manage multiple demands, and meet deadlines. Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication, presentation and networking skills are required. Candidate must have excellent leadership training skills, provides staff and students with regular training opportunities and will be able to work collaboratively with academic departments, administrators and faculty members to develop a service learning program for students.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of student programs and quality of life issues, promoting the personal development of a diverse student population.
- Evaluates student needs and trends to develop a range of student services
- Develops and administers specific programs and general activities in support of student needs
- Develops relationships with college departments and outside community organizations to understand student needs and available development opportunities
- Represents the College in campus-wide and university-wide groups and councils focusing on priority student issues
- Manages staff, fiscal resources, and facilities supporting student affairs activities
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Student Life Manager
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefit. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the application instructions. Please have your curriculum vitae/ resume and scholarly interest or cover letter with names and contact information of 3 references available to attach into the application before you begin. Please note that the required material must be uploaded as ONE document. The document must be in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format- and name of file should not exceed ten (10) characters. Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin March 3, 2017.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Hunter College
Job Title: Student Life Manager - Associate Director of Student Life (Student Affairs)
Job ID: 16294
Full/Part Time: Full-Time