Senior Tech Support Specialist, Computer Labs
Title: Senior Tech Support Specialist, Computer Labs
The Senior Technical Support Specialist of the Computer Labs will be responsible for maintaining computers and software in the Computers Services computer labs, including and other assigned labs, with a focus on Apple Macintosh deployment and troubleshooting. This position will provide technical and operational support in a 600-seat, multidisciplinary student computer lab on Main Campus. This position will support students using Windows and Macintosh computers using over 150 software packages (including Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite 6, Adobe Creative Cloud 2015. This position will assist with setup of computers and software in this lab and other labs around the university. This position will oversee a team of student consultants who also assist the lab patrons on his/her shift, and will oversee operations in other Computer Services labs on Main Campus and the Health Sciences campus during his/her shift. The hours for this position are Tuesday-Thursday, 2:30pm-11:30pm, Friday-Saturday, 10am-7pm. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of directly related technical experience.
* Demonstrated experience creating Macintosh images, and deploying images to multiple computers at once.
* Demonstrated experience troubleshooting advanced Macintosh issues in a computer lab or other professional environment.
* Experience troubleshooting Windows software and hardware issues, in a computer lab or other professional environment.
* An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Outstanding customer service and telephone skills.
* Demonstrated experience working in a computer lab or similar function
* Demonstrated ability to interact with others through both oral and written communications.
* Strong Windows and Macintosh skills
* Solid working knowledge of PC system configuration and troubleshooting with demonstrated skills in the area of software installation
* Strong familiarity with mobile technology.
* Ability to work the following days/shift and be flexible with the days and shifts when school is not in session:
Tuesday-Thursday, 2:30pm-11:30pm, Friday-Saturday, 10am-7pm.
* Supervisory skills
* Use of digital, audio/video equipment
* Video editing, graphics editing, and/or audio editing skills.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact.
To obtain additional information about Temple University please visit our website at www.temple.edu.
Temple University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains statistics, policies, and procedures related to campus safety and can be found at: http://www.temple.edu/safety/asfr/
You may request a copy of the report by calling Temple University’s Campus Safety Services at 215-204-7900.