Staff Psychologist/Assessment Coordinator
Title: Staff Psychologist/Assessment Coordinator
The mission of the University of Denver Health and Counseling Center (HCC) is to provide exceptional, inclusive, integrated health care. We promote student success and wellness through education, advocacy and outreach to the University of Denver community. The HCC is an on-campus health facility open Monday-Friday with evening hours during the academic year, and provides a wide range of on-site medical and mental health services. Physicians, nurses, psychologists, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other professionals staff the HCC.
The Staff Psychologist/Assessment Coordinator is a member of the Counseling Services senior staff and provides direct counseling/psychotherapy, crisis intervention, assessment, and outreach/prevention services to DU students, faculty, and staff. This position oversees the psychological assessment and testing services provided by Counseling Services (particularly for learning disabilities and ADHD), and supervises doctoral interns and graduate student trainees on assessment. This position also assists with the development and implementation of multicultural initiatives. This position works within an integrated care model including primary care, mental health, advocacy, and health promotion in the Health and Counseling Center. The staff psychologist serves as primary individual supervisor psychology interns in an APA accredited internship position. This is a full-time, benefited, 40 hour per week position and reports to the Director of Counseling Services. The mission of the University of Denver Health and Counseling Center (HCC) is to provide exceptional, inclusive, integrated health care. We promote student success and wellness through education, advocacy and outreach to the University of Denver community. The HCC is an on-campus health facility open 8am-5pm M-F with evening hours until 7pm two to three evenings a week during the academic year, and provides a wide range of on-site medical and mental health services. The University of Denver is deeply committed to Inclusive Excellence and seeks a psychologist who is committed to multiculturalism and can integrate that perspective into all of their work.
* Provide direct clinical services including individual, couples, and group psychotherapy to DU students, staff and faculty.
* Provide crisis intervention services via both our daytime crisis system (Counselor of the Day and Crisis Time coverage) and our after hours on-call system.
* Organize and direct psychological assessment services (particularly for learning disabilities and attention deficit disorders) for the DU Health and Counseling Center (HCC).
* Assign psychological testing cases, provides training related to all aspects of psychological assessment such as selection of appropriate measure, clinical interview and mental status exam, administration, scoring, interpretation, testing report writing, and providing appropriate feedback to clients.
* Participate in Intern recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and evaluation; including individual supervision for one pre-doctoral intern.
* Participate in Graduate Student Trainee recruitment, selection, training and evaluation.
* Provide consultation services as assigned.
* Assist in creating and revising departmental policies and procedures related to clinical care in all the above areas, particularly in assessment.
* Assist with research activities within the Counseling Center as assigned.
* Maintain client records in a timely manner and according to Counseling Center procedures.
* Maintain competency and enhance professional growth and development through continuing education activities.
* Work collaboratively with various departments within Student Life.
* Serve on the Disability Services accommodations committee.
* Licensed or license-eligible within three months in the State of Colorado as a psychologist.
* Expertise in psychological testing, especially in the areas of learning disabilities and ADHD.
* Expertise in providing psychotherapy/counseling within a brief therapy model.
* Experience with supervision, crisis intervention, outreach/prevention, groups.
* Demonstrated commitment to the principles of Inclusive Excellence.
* Two years experience in university/college counseling center.
* Experience with outreach, prevention and groups.
* Expertise in animal supported therapy/assistance.
* Experience working with an interdisciplinary team.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.