Resident Assistant Athletic Trainer (Temporary)
Job Title Resident Assistant Athletic Trainer (Temporary)
The Resident Assistant Athletic Trainer will assist with the care and management of student-athletes competing in the University's intercollegiate athletics programs, including the prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine, or related field.
Possess National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and CPR/AED certification.
Licensed as an athletic trainer in Florida or eligible at the time of employment.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Valid driver's license and the ability to travel throughout the country.
Insurance pre-authorization/claim filing/processing experience. Athletic training student supervision/clinical education experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Salary Range $19,700
Essential Job Duties
Provides daily health-care to FGCU student-athletes. This includes injury/illness prevention/assessment, medical referral/follow-up, rehabilitation/reconditioning, medical documentation, and inter department communication.
Implements preventative and rehabilitation programs to treat athletic injuries using the appropriate therapeutic modalities and treatments.
Uses a variety of therapeutic modalities in accordance with physician orders including heat, cold, light, sound, electricity and rehabilitation and exercise equipment.
Applies bandages, tapes, and braces to prevent and treat injuries.
Coordinates program with university Athletic Department doctors and physicians to ensure quality treatment for student-athletes in a timely fashion.
Provides game coverage, including traveling to away games.
Maintains appropriate medical records of injuries, treatment plans, and progress using electronic medical record software.
Transports students to appointments (e.g. doctor, surgery, etc.).
Complies with all University, Atlantic Sun Conference, or Coastal Collegiate Swimming Association (CCSA) regulations, as well as all NCAA rules and regulations.
Responsible to remain current with all changes in NCAA, as well as changes to University, Atlantic Sun Conference and CCSA rules and regulations regarding intercollegiate athletics including the requirement for self-reporting any possible rule violations.
Any violation of NCAA rules is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
Travels throughout the country and internationally as assigned.
Assists and coordinates special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number TS20P
Open Date 03/11/2016
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
This is a 10 month exempt position.
As a temporary employee, you will not be eligible to participate in all employee benefit programs (e.g., paid leave, retirement, or tuition reimbursement).
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited institution in Athletic Training, Sports Medicine, or related field?
- * Do you have a National Athletic Trainers’ Association Board of Certification (NATABOC)?
- * Do you possess current National Athletic Trainers' Association Board of Certification (NATABOC) and CPR/AED certification?
- * Are you currently licensed as an athletic trainer in Florida or will you be eligible at the time of employment?
- * Please explain your directly related experience to the position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate the number of years of directly related work experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience operating personal computers with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) software?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)