German, Adjunct Instructor I - Pooled Position
Job Title German, Adjunct Instructor I - Pooled Position
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All Faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; and provide service to the College, University and Community.
Assignments will include teaching, at both undergraduate and/or graduate levels, as applicable. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region. Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor.
Master's degree in German or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
18 graduate credit hours in field of instruction (German).
One full year teaching experience at the university level.
Interest in teaching Beginning and/or Intermediate German courses.
High level of professionalism and strong commitment to students required.
Master's degree in German from a regionally accredited institution and three years of teaching experience at the university level.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Salary Range $3,666.66 per four credit hour course
Essential Job Duties
Teaches up to three sections of German.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number TS29P
Open Date 03/30/2016
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Successful candidates are required to provide an official transcript of the highest degree prior to the start of the semester.
Resume review will begin on July 5, 2016.
As a temporary employee, you may not be eligible to participate in all employee benefit programs such as paid leave, retirement, or tuition reimbursement.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you possess a Master's degree or higher in German or closely related field from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation?
- * Do you possess a minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the field of instruction?
- * Do you have at least one full year of teaching experience at the university level?
- * Please indicate how you first learned of this position.
- Job Board
- Print Advertisement
- Social Media
- Job Fair/Conference
- FGCU Website
- Employee Referral
- * Per the question above, please specify the name of where you FIRST learned of the position?
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of 5 Professional References (with relationship of each)
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy