Administrative Assistant III - REG (P/T), CP2N42123REG
Process student registration from application to payment to ensure students are properly enrolled in their classes.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant III - REG (P/T), CP2N42123REG
Duties of Position:
- Register students in person, by phone and in batch and provide students with college-wide information including assistance with Internet registration.
- Knowledge of all program, class prerequisites and test score requirements.
- Enter student ACD scores and sub-scores on student record.
- Process student and departmental drop/adds, canceled classes, non-pursuits and drops for non-payment.
- Process financial adjustments on student accounts.
- Determine student and residency status and correct discrepancies in student tuition payments due to residency.
- Interpret holds and process permits or direct student to proper department.
- Responsible for verification of student information while maintaining student privacy according to FERPA.
- Problem solve faculty and classified staff issues in regard to registration.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of college policy by attending seminars and participating in departmental and college-wide committees.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
Two (2) years' of experience in busy office environment. Extensive telephone and excellent customer service skills.
High school graduate.
Experience with use of multi-line phone in an educational environment.
Some college level courses. High level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, multi-line telephone, copier and fax machine.
Extensive use of telephone and computer. Requires endurance to bend neck in position to hold phone while entering data. Lifting up to 25 lbs. Some standing work. This position requires a background check at the expense of the college.
Department: Registration Services - REG
Position Type: Part time - PT
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt