Associate Dean for Research
I. RECRUITMENT PLAN
Posting Number: F000961 Academic Title: Associate Dean for Research Rank: Administrative Title: Discipline Nursing Specialty: Research Contract Type: Tenure Track Required Licenses/Certifications and other Specific Requirements: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search, This position requires a licensure, certification, or special requirements Proposed Start Date: 01/01/2017 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Position Description Summary:
The George Washington University (GW) School of Nursing invites applications for an Associate Dean for Research to begin as early as fall 2016. The ideal candidate for this position will be at the rank of Associate Professor/Professor and tenured or eligible for tenure. We seek an experienced educator, administrator, and researcher whose area of focus includes one or more of the following: health policy, quality of life, and/or health disparities. Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience .Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of the Associate Dean for Research include:
• providing leadership in achieving the research and scholarship goals of the school and university
• providing research mentoring for tenure/non-tenure track faculty
• facilitating the growth of the research foundation for GWSON
• collaborating with the School's academic administrators, faculty, and students in planning research and scholarship
• development activities for faculty and students
• coordinating SON activities such as grants for extramural and intramural funding, and publications and presentations of scholarly work
• leading the planning and development of a new PhD program
• providing leadership in strategic planning, budget and resource allocation, and operations related to the SON's research activities
• promoting visibility of School of Nursing research and scholarship within the School, University, and within
local, regional, national and international nursing organizations and communities
• serving as the SON liaison on research matters with internal and external constituents
• represents SON on university wide and community research committees and projects
• advising the Dean on national research trends and implications for the School of Nursing
• participating in the recruitment of faculty
Applicants must have: (1) A PhD in nursing, public health, public policy or a related field; (2) a nursing degree (any level); (3) an established body of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications in high impact journals; (4) experience working with/teaching diverse groups/diverse students; and 5) a demonstrated history of obtaining and sustaining external funding.Advertised Salary: Rank and salary will be commensurate with experience . Other Benefits: Other Information: Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please complete an online faculty application at http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/36800 and upload the following: (1) a cover letter outlining qualifications and research interests, (2) a CV, (3) two recent teaching evaluations, (4) copies of two recent key publications or writing samples and (5) contact information for 3 references. Cover letters should be addressed to Pamela Jeffries, Dean, GW School of Nursing, 1919 Pennsylvania Avenue, Suite 500, Washington, DC 20036. Review of applications will begin on September 23 and continue until position is filled. Only complete applications will be considered.
All faculty hiring decisions will be contingent upon final approval by the Provost.Department Link: Posting Close Date: Open Until Filled: Yes Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.Quick Link http://www.gwu.jobs/postings/36800
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a PhD in nursing, public health, public policy, or a related field?
- * Do you have a nursing degree (any level)?
- * Do you have an established body of scholarship as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications in high impact journals?
- * Do you have experience working with/teaching diverse groups/diverse students?
- * Do you have a demonstrated history of obtaining and sustaining external funding?
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Course Evaluations or Summaries
- Sample Publications
- Names and Contact Information for References