Department Name Arts Prep
Campus or Location Metropolitan Campus
Vacancy Number PT071-16
Reports To Director, Arts Prep
Recruitment Type External/Internal
Job Category Part-Time Faculty
Position Type Part-Time
Union Position Non-Union
Number of Openings Multiple
Job Description Summary
Instructors provide instruction in the foundation of dance, including posture, choreography, rhythm, technical competency, and interpretation.
• Instructors develop and present a curriculum that provides students with an experience in the art form that is age appropriate, and challenges students to achieve at the highest level.
• Instructors will be expected to present a culminating event representing the quality of work undertaken over the course of the semester.
• Degree in dance and/or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of effective strategies for integrating students with varying stages of dance development
• Ability to assess and grade the progress of the students
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
Between the standard College hours of business 8:30-5pm, Monday through Friday. Evenings and /or weekends may be required to accommodate varius event and activities. The work schedule for this position will vary based on enrollment and department need.
Target Hiring Rate/Salary
Posting Open Date 08/28/2015
Posting Close Date
Open Until Filled Yes
For full consideration, apply by this date
Special Instructions to Applicants
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you learn of this position?
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer
- Tri-C web site
- Tri-C employee referral
- City News
- Search Firm/Agency: specify name below
- Other publication: specify name below
- Other web site: specify name below
- Career Fair: specify name below
- Conference: specify name below
- Other: specify below
- * Do you possess a degree in dance and/or equivalent experience?
- * Do you possess knowledge of effective strategies for integrating students with varying stages of dance development?
- * Do you possess the ability to assess and grade the progress of the students?
Required Documents Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae