Graphic Designer Senior
Georgia Tech Institute Communications provides professional communications and marketing services for campus clients in the areas of brand management, campaign communications, creative design services, event planning, internal communications, leadership communications, licensing management, marketing and communications planning, market research, media relations, research news, social media strategy and web design/development/management. Visit our web site for additional information at http://www.gatech.edu/comm
Job Purpose: Lead, directly and through project management efforts, in the development and production of print and online communications materials for use in publications and other visual presentations.
- Counsel with end user clients and production personnel in conceptualizing and defining graphic design requirements.
- Establish priorities based availability of resources and design requirements.
- Prepare designs, artwork and other visuals in support of client needs and consistent with design standards.
- Determine required resources, schedule and make other required production arrangements.
- Procure services of outside vendors and contractors where required which may include negotiation of rates and fees.
- Oversee production process to ensure quality standards are met.
- Review final product with users; ensure user satisfaction.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of graphic design industry trends and developments.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Art or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Four to six years job related experience
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced knowledge and skill in the application of graphic design principles and processes. Also required are project management, organization and communications skills, and knowledge of graphic production processes, providing customer service, negotiation skills and use of specialized computer applications.
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Experience creating senior-designer level content for a diverse range of digital and print solutions for marketing/public relations communications initiatives. Higher education experience is a plus. Possess a senior-designer level command of layout, typography, photo art direction, and audience engagement design techniques. Proven execution of agency-quality print and digital publication design (magazines, annual reports, e-newsletters, and booklets.) Experience designing content for the web by incorporating best practices for responsiveness, accessibility, and SEO. Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS. Experience using a content management system, particularly Drupal, is a plus. Expert Adobe Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop) and PowerPoint.
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Intermediate to advanced HTML and CSS capabilities is a plus, motion graphics, infographics, HTML emails, experience working with iModules is a plus
Additional Information: **Please submit a link to online digital portfolio that has a range of digital and print work.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: client management, production personnel and vendors. This position typically will advise and counsel: client management and production personnel. This position will supervise: N/A