Professor of Themed Entertainment Design
Themed entertainment designers bring the stories and experiences of our world to life. They weave fictional and nonfictional narratives into compelling environments—places that elicit wonder and joy, communicate complex ideas and translate emotional values into tangible experiences.
SCAD Savannah seeks nationally recognized candidates for a full-time professor of themed entertainment design. The program blends studios in design and planning with skill-based drawing and technical courses. It also features classes in storytelling and experience design.
Successful candidates will be accomplished professionals with experience across a broad range of entertainment venues—attractions, museums, brand environments, retail, theme parks and leisure destinations. Using your design expertise and proven technical skills, you’ll teach a dynamic curriculum in a graduate program that is the first of its kind in the world.
This is your chance to work with talented students within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable coastal city providing a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
- Terminal degree or its equivalent in themed entertainment design or a related field
- Experience in designing for theater, film and television as well as themed entertainment
- Designer with proven technical skills
- Experience with Photoshop
- Strong portfolio of related professional work
- Experience in digital visualization
- Three or more years experience in higher education preferred