Professor of Illustration
Partner with SCAD as a professor of illustration and help future illustrators find their voice and harness their skills for professional and successful careers in the arts. SCAD teaches students to use traditional and new media to illustrate concepts and characters that elevate messages, add a human dimension and tell stories. The ability to encourage experimentation and help students generate work in a range of styles and media is paramount for this position. You will teach courses that incorporate concept, previsualization, gaming, Adobe Creative Cloud and 3-D software, realistic rendering, drawing and other high skill-based courses. This is your chance to work with talented students within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable, bikeable coastal city that provides a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
- M.F.A. or its equivalent in illustration or a related field
- Professional experience in producing illustration in a variety of traditional and digital media
- Concept, previsualization, gaming and/or entertainment design experience is a plus
- A strong connection to the professional illustration world including contacts, knowledge of trends and new career avenues
- Five or more years of commercial experience and university-level teaching experience preferred