Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is the 31st member of the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. With a current enrollment of over 12,000 students, enrollment is projected to exceed 13,000 students in 2017, including both residential and commuter students. GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 850,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology.
Purchasing - 4007010330
Business & Finance
Cover Letter, Resume
The Buyer I is responsible, under limited direction, for performing professional work in the technical and
administrative functions of the purchasing activities for GGC, including purchasing and contract administration.
RESPONSIBILITES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Purchases goods and services in accordance with purchasing requisitions.
- Provides liaison assistance between GGC departments and vendors.
- Assists the Procurement Card Administrator in a variety of activities such as scheduling classes, providing training, maintaining cardholder database, and tracking and reviewing card usage.
- Evaluates quality and type of individual products based on users' needs.
- Assists GGC departments in the research and preparation of specifications and requests for quotations of prices.
- Maintains purchase order and contract files.
- Assists vendors and various departments researching and providing information on the status of payments, shipping dates, purchase orders, bids/proposals, and invoices.
- Presents training materials to departments as approved by the Director of Purchasing.
- Conducts annual physical inventory of GGC assets.
- Maintains GGC asset data.
- Oversees surplus property.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficiency in MS Excel. MS Word, and Adobe Acrobat
- 1 year experience in State of Georgia purchasing
- Georgia Certified Purchasing Associate (or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Knowledge of USG PeopleSoft Financial System's financial modules
- Associates degree or higher from an accredited college/university
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to interpret and implement procedures according to established law, regulations, policies and procedures
- Computer proficiency
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Applicant must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Position may require non-standard hours (nights and weekends).