Assessment Data Analyst and Live Text Coordinator
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.JOB DESCRIPTION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Develops and/or verifies data (title II reports, teacher education file). Keep up-to-date on new features and best practices in LiveText.
- Conducts workshops to train faculty and staff with LiveText. Communicates complex assessment data in clear, actionable ways to program leadership.
- Conducts surveys and analyses in conjunction with various accrediting bodies associated with the School of Education.
- Serve as key administrator of LiveText, responsible for building and launching all assessments and forms.
- Supports the assessment work conducted by faculty in all programs.
- Provides support and guidance to department Administration and other employees to help conceptualize, design, administer, analyze, and present results of quantitative and qualitative assessment.
- Ensure all required data is collected from faculty and students each semester. Provide on-going professional development and training to faculty, staff, and students on the use of LiveText. Responsible for compiling all needed LiveText reports.
- Data Management: Maintain accurate and current data using LiveText, Excel, and other systems.
- Provide both aggregated and disaggregated data in a timely manner.
- Analyze and synthesize data to support faculty and the assessment committee in program decisions and accreditation requirements. Serve on SOE Assessment Committee. Work with Dean to plan and present for Assessment Day.
- Attend assessment and accreditation related meetings and conferences as assigned by Dean. Prepare required and requested reports as assigned by the Dean or Associate Dean.
- Perform other duties as assigned by dean or accreditation agency.
- Required Degree(s): Minimum Masters in Higher Education
- Preferred Degree(s): Masters in Higher Education
- Required Field of Expertise: Education, Program Assessment, Staff Development and Data Management
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Program Assessment, Staff Development, Data Collection and Management
- Required Training/Cert: Experience in Higher Education, Data Management, Data Base Construction, Web Development
- Preferred Training/Cert: Program Assessment, Data Collection and Database Management
- Successful applicant must be able to manage multiple data bases (Live Text SPSS, SAS), complete program tracking, collect and analyze program data.
- Strong data collection and analytic skills, expertise in program evaluation, and knowledge of accreditation agencies, such as the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) to help the University build and maintain a strong data infrastructure to support data-informed decision making.
- This position will work closely with the Dean and Program Director , faculty, and support staff to identify data needs, organize and facilitate data collection activities, analyze data, and present data in a manner useful and effective in supporting of continuous program improvement.
- Experience presenting to and training large groups, small groups, and individuals how to use assessment technologies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, experience with statistical software, and preferably a background that includes the use of online tools such as LiveText, TK20, Taskstream or Compliance Assist.
This is a full-time, benefited position. Normal office hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm, flexible to the needs of the department.TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.