Adjunct Nursing Faculty (Fundamentals)
The responsibilities of this position consist of clinical supervision to students in a college setting, as well as in a controlled hospital, extended care, and/or laboratory environment. Position holds accountability for instruction and supervision of a diverse student population using weekly anecdotal notes.
- Provides clinical instruction and demonstration of nursing skills and procedures to students.
- Observes and provides feedback to students’ return demonstration, skills and procedures
- Coordinates clinical experiences with facility nurses and Education Department at the clinical facility.
- Assigns clients for student care and experiences based upon the clinical course objectives of each clinical rotation.
- Supervises, assesses and provides feedback of student competencies.
- Plans, reviews and provides feedback on student clinical assignments.
- Plans and conducts student conferences under the direction of the full time lead faculty member.
- Posts students’ grades in MidWeb and maintains student attendance records.
- Attends scheduled MMCC Nursing orientation sessions at the beginning of each semester.
- Keeps in direct contact with the full time lead instructor on a bi-weekly basis; keeps full time faculty lead instructor and Director of Nursing informed of any clinical issues.
- Attends mandatory training and orientation required by the clinical facilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Science of Nursing (B.S.N.) required. It is preferred that BSN’s will commit to attaining their MSN within two years of hire.
- Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) preferred.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification and immunizations as required by the clinical facilities.
- Recent experience in a clinical nursing setting required.
- Previous clinical education or teaching experience, particularly with community college level students, preferred.