Adjunct Physical Therapist Assistant Program Faculty
This position’s primary responsibility is teaching didactic and skills lab for Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) students in the community college setting. This position holds accountability for instruction and student assessment of a diverse student population. Course assignments may occur in a classroom setting or learning lab environment.
- Assists with the development and revision of PTA academic courses which include writing lecture materials, lab manuals, tests and lab practicals.
- Teaches assigned classroom and lab courses.
- Assesses student academic achievement.
- Collaborates with the PTA Director for the review, selection, and ordering of course textbooks and other instructional materials.
- Implements the competency-based objectives and outcome measures for program and courses taught.
- Maintains and report appropriate classroom and lab records (e.g., grades, attendance, etc.).
- Participates in course objective assessment/revision, course assessment/revision and curriculum assessment/revision.
- Maintains all required certifications and professional development as required by the Commission on the Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Serves on PTA Program Advisory Committee and College committees, as able.
- Performs competencies and other lab assessments.
- Works collaboratively with faculty, administrators, and staff.
- Maintains and requests updates for classroom/lab equipment and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of PTA Program and/or the Dean of Health Sciences.
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Physical Therapist Assistant or Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy required.
- Currently licensed as a PT or PTA in the State of Michigan required.
- Five years of full-time clinical experience as Physical Therapist Assistant preferred or three years of full-time clinical experience as a Physical Therapist preferred.
- Two years of clinical or classroom teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in clinical practice: didactic and/or clinical teaching; student evaluation and outcomes assessment.