Nursing Faculty - Mental Health
A full-time faculty position with responsibilities in teaching the didactic and clinical components of MMCC’s Nursing Program (Associate Degree in Nursing). Teaching responsibilities may be required in both traditional and distance education formats and at multiple clinical sites. Individual will assist in coordinating the nursing courses for the College and participate in on-going course and program assessment and improvement.
- Stays current in instructional methods and evidence-based, best practice nursing concepts and stays in tune with the impact those concepts place on the Nursing Program students’ education.
- Develops and routinely updates nursing classroom, clinical, and Clinical Skills Center (CSC) syllabi.
- Prepares classroom, clinical, and/or on-line lesson plans to support active learning experiences.
- Incorporates technology into classroom/clinical instruction, as recommended by industry best practices, to enhance student learning experiences and critical thinking.
- Maintains a collaborative working relationship with all college and hospital affiliates impacted by clinical education.
- Demonstrates life-long learning, utilizes educational resource materials, and recommends acquisitions for program needs.
- Assists in the recruitment of students for the nursing program per admission policies and procedures; engages in student academic advisement to support success in the nursing program.
- Participates in on-going assessment and evaluation of student outcomes in the classroom and clinical settings, continually revising to support student success.
- Provides orientation and mentoring to adjunct clinical faculty in area of responsibility.
- Provides rotations through clinical areas as determined by faculty, clinical site, needs of the students, Director of Nursing, and the Dean of Health Sciences.
- Participates in review and revision of curriculum; assists in maintaining program outcomes and professional nursing/educational standards to align to College policies, legislation, laws and accrediting agencies.
- Participates in College-wide and other committees as defined in the master agreement.
- Performs other tasks and duties as may be assigned by the Dean and/or Director of Nursing.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing required.
- Major in Nursing Education preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in nursing practice required.
- Currently licensed or eligible for licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan required.
- Teaching experience preferred.