Coordinator of Orientation and Transition Programs
The Coordinator of Orientation and Transition Programs (OTP) is a member of the Transition and Assessment Team headed by the Associate Dean of Students in the Division of Student Affairs. The Coordinator reports to the Assistant Director of Orientation and Transition Programs, and is responsible for developing, facilitating, supporting, and assessing transitional experiences for new and continuing students in collaboration with OTP colleagues and other University offices and departments, The primary areas of responsibility of the Coordinator are: leadership for Welcome Week and pre-semester programs, coordination of individual advising at orientation, and integral support for new student orientation. This is a 12-month, 100% time, annually renewable position with salary and benefits.
- Two or more years of experience working in orientation, transition, or related student services area in higher education
- Experience coordinating large sets of student data using spreadsheet or database software
- Excellent presentation and group facilitation skills
- Familiarity with best practices in orientation and transition programs, including knowledge of CAS standards for orientation, student development theory, and college student transition literature
- Advanced proficiency in spreadsheet, database, and /or student information systems (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Banner)
The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.