Associate Athletics Director for Finance
Successful applicant will assist in directing a specific function of the university/college's athletic program. He/she will serve as a representative between KSU's athletic program and its constituents while promoting academic achievement. Candidates will need to possess a familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and will need to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This individual will be expected to lead and direct the work of others.
Successful applicant will direct the business operations of the university's athletic program. He/she will serve as a representative between KSU's athletic program, the University, Board of Regent's and its constituents. Candidates will need to possess a strong accounting background and a familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures and will need to rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Reports to the Assistant Controller – Auxiliary Accounting and dotted line to Director of Athletics
- Serve as primary financial administrator for athletics.
- Team leader for business department personnel.
- Manage all day-to-day business operations including but not limited to, deposits for tickets sales, donations & sponsorships, expense reports, procurement/credit cards, purchase orders, payment of invoices and reconciliation of payroll.
- Prepare the annual reports for the NCAA, EADA, Atlantic Sun and Big South.
- Prepare Board of Regents 5 year business plan and annual reporting.
- Strategize ways to generate revenue and minimize spending for the Association.
- Advises management regarding sources of funding and develops/modifies policies and controls to assure responsible use of resources.
- Prepare analytical reports pertinent to financial and operational activities to include variance reports, budget amendments and quarterly reporting to the bank and Finance Committee.
- Act as a liaison between Athletics and various college offices including the Office of Finance and Accounting and also possess the ability to interpret USG and University policy.
- Reconcile bank accounts and all other balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile and record ticket sales, donations and sponsorship revenue. This will require review and a detailed understanding of contracts and also interaction with a third party credit card processor to ensure all revenue is received and recorded properly in the ledger.
- Fixed assets: record depreciation, tag assets and maintain schedules of construction projects.
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget vs actual reports. Meet with athletic department heads to assess budget needs.
- Responsible for preparing/monitoring of annual budget and providing updated projections.
- Liaison with Legal for contracts.
- Annually update business policies.
- Serve on various committees of the department including but not limited to, KSU Athletic Association Board and KSU Athletic Association Finance Committee.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check and MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf and http://www.usg.edu/hr/manual/motor_vehicle_use for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelors degree and seven years of experience in either intercollegiate administration or professional sports administration or coaching positions related to an accepted functional discipline related to intercollegiate athletic programs. The applicant should be able to demonstrate successful performance in at least one of the accepted disciplines over an extended period of time. Reasonable alternative career positions maybe considered where successful experience in an accepted transferrable discipline can be demonstrated.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or related field with preference given to intercollegiate athletics experience.
- Experience supervising personnel.
- Strong computer application skills (including but not limited to Sage, PeopleSoft, Excel and Word). Experience with system conversions is desirable.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional, conference and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting department
- Nonprofit experience