Adjunct Faculty - RN
Dallas Nursing Institute
Dallas Nursing Institute is currently seeking Adjunct Faculty - Registered Nurse to instruct students in subject matter and clinical experiences utilizing various methods, such as lecture and hands-on demonstration with a goal of retaining students.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assuming full responsible for clinical teaching and evaluation of nursing students.
- Closely supervising students on the clinical units and preparing them for clinical practice in the simulation lab.
- Preparing and organizing program of professional, practical and technical instruction, including demonstration of skills required in profession, clinical application, and lecture on theory, techniques, and terminology.
- Executing training program using outlines, text, handouts, and tests.
- Instructing students in subject matter, utilizing various methods, such as lecture and demonstration, and use audiovisual aids and other materials to supplement presentations. Instructing students in subject areas, such as mathematics, science, use and maintenance of tools and equipment, codes or regulations related to profession, and safety precautions.
- Conducting hands-on laboratory exercises by applying industry knowledge. Observing students in laboratory and answering questions.
- Preparing or following teaching outline for course of study, assign lessons, and correct homework and classroom papers.
- Planning and supervising work of students, individually or in small groups, in skills laboratory, classroom and clinical settings. Testing and evaluating achievement of students in technical knowledge and profession skills. Administering tests to evaluate student progress, record results, and issue reports to inform students of their progress.
- Participating in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful to training facility and integrate information into training program. Determining and evaluating training objectives with Director of Nursing/Director of Education.
- Applying industry knowledge and experience in Nursing.
- Show evidence of teaching abilities and maintaining current knowledge, clinical expertise, and safety in subject area of teaching responsibility;
- Good organizational, interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are also required.
- Attention to detail and mental concentration are necessary for accurately performing tasks, working under highly stressful situations, and handling frequent interruptions.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Holds a current non-restricted license or privilege to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas; has at least two years in the last four years of nursing practice experience in anticipated subject area of teaching responsibility;
- Holds an associate degree in nursing; bachelor's preferred
- In addition, all faculty must have a minimum of five years' industry experience within the past ten years. Previous nursing school experience is required.
Dallas Nursing Institute offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Dallas Nursing Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Dallas Nursing Institute:
Dallas Nursing Institute (DNI) was founded in 1991 with the belief that all students deserve a quality institution as they begin their quest for a professional career. Built on values of openness, cultural sensitivity, and service, DNI's vocational nursing certificate and registered nursing degree programs utilize the latest technology and state of the industry equipment.
For more information, visit www.dni.edu.