Associate Director, Office of Workforce Partnerships
The Office of Workforce Partnerships (OWP) was established by the City University of New York within the Office of Continuing Education and Workforce Programs as a result of the CUNY Jobs Task Force, which identified a set of recommendations for the University around improving CUNY's responsiveness to employer needs. OWP's work includes managing strategic communication with industry, driving ongoing industry engagement, working with colleges to make programmatic and curricular changes in response to research findings and serving as a point of connection for employers interested in partnering with CUNY colleges to meet industry needs. To support the Office and the Director, the Assistant Director will:
- Develop and manage relationships with industry to increase the number of internship and job placements available to CUNY students.
- Assist in the development and implementation of career readiness activities and programs to properly assess, screen, and/or prepare students for internships, jobs, and other work-based learning opportunities.
- Identify and manage a customer relationship management system to track students served and outcomes data including feedback from companies regarding student performance and progress.
- Collaborate with unit and college colleagues to create new systems and protocols for communicating, interacting, and maintaining relationships with industry partners.
- Supervise instructors and/or support staff and related projects as needed.
Bachelor's degree and six years' related experience required.
- Advanced degree in business, public policy, or related field preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to navigate complex political landscapes.
- An established record of progressively responsible experience cultivating and managing partnerships with employers or working in the private sector in information technology, digital media, finance, or health care.
- Workforce development experience and experience working in higher education preferred.
- Ability to successfully navigate a complex political landscape and work with diverse internal and external constituents of various organizational levels.
- Strong organization skills with ability to establish work and project plans, manage multiple assignments with conflicting priorities, and meet deadlines in a dynamic and customer-responsive office.
CUNY TITLE OVERVIEW
Manages a program or service providing community outreach and services on behalf of a College or Unit.
- Defines program goals, objectives, risks, and roles and responsibilities
- Collaborates with external organizations and community stakeholders to plan and execute program activities
- Develops and delivers direct service to external clientele
- Collects data on outcomes, and analyzes and reports results while planning new and improved services
- May manage an office staff of employees and/or volunteers, and have responsibility for fiscal administration
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Associate
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
For full consideration, submit a focused cover letter and rsum addressing how your experience and credentials fulfill the responsibilities and qualifications outlined.
The direct link to the job opening from external sources is:
March 20, 2017
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Location: Central Office
Job Title: Associate Director, Office of Workforce Partnerships
Job ID: 16395
Full/Part Time: Full-Time