Lecturer in Theatre (Performance) - Log #18-064
Job Summary/Basic Function: Perimeter College of Georgia State University is seeking applicants for a 9-month faculty lecturer position to teach theatre performance classes as well as directing selected productions as part of the department's season. Courses offered in regular rotation include: Beginning Acting, Intermediate Acting, Children's Theatre, Play Analysis for Production, Vocal and Articulation for the Actor, Music Theatre Ensemble, Audition Portfolio, Makeup for the Stage, and Staging Skills (Directing). Depending on course loads and rotation, may include teaching theatre appreciation courses. Lecturers are appointed on a year to year basis renewable up to six years. The successful candidate will:
- Teach a roster of regularly offered theatre performance courses;
- Maintain required office hours and provide academic advising for students;
- Work effectively and professionally with colleagues on departmental, college, and university committees;
- Direct productions as part of departmental season; typically one per semester, may include children's theatre and/or musicals;
- Attend local recruitment events and focus efforts on increasing major enrollment;
- Continue service and research/creative activities consistent with university expectations lecturer faculty position;
- Communicate clearly with a diverse campus community;
- At all times approach their work with flexibility and a sense of humor.
Required Experience: Prior teaching experience at the collegiate level required.
Required Education: Applicants must possess a completed MFA in theatre acting/performance/movement.
Preferred Qualifications: The department is especially interested in candidates with a background in applied and devised theatre models, but all performance specialties welcomed. Strong evidence of successful university level teaching required. Strong evidence of superior professional production experience in acting and/or directing needed. Evidence of commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and service is a must. Ability to recruit students is essential.
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $35,432 - $45,582 (10 month Salary Range)