Assistant Director, Advancement Communications Tuck School of Business
Excellent communications skills in writing, editing, interviewing, and oral presentation.
• Experience in fundraising writing and content creation.
• Ability to write persuasively in a variety of voices and across a variety of formats.
• Strong copyediting and proofreading skills.
• Proven digital and video storytelling abilities.
• Strong creative spark, energy, and follow-through, with an accompanying commitment to client service.
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven and team-oriented environment.
• Strong independent judgment capability and self-motivation.
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.Bachelor's degree or higher in English, journalism, communications or related field or the equivalent of education and experience.
Proven success with writing and content creation in an academic setting.
• Demonstrated fundraising writing experience.
• Higher education advancement communications and campaign experience a plus.
• Collaborates with advancement and communications colleagues to provide copy-writing support for a range of communications projects, including websites, email communications, print publications, and presentations.
• Serves as an essential member of the communications team in generating ideas and shaping advancement communications efforts, from concept to completion.
• Provides stewardship, editorial, and marketing writing support as required.
• Works with external vendors and colleagues across Tuck to conceive and produce compelling video content aimed at specific audiences in support of advancement goals.
• Manages all phases of video production, ensuring messaging aligns with strategic communications goals.
• Manages a range of print and digital communications projects from conception to completion in support of advancement goals.
• Collaborates closely with frontline fundraisers to ensure communications materials meet their needs.
• Provides budget oversight and manages production processes for print and digital communications.