Adjunct Faculty – Sociology
Fort Valley State University is current seeking qualified candidates to be cleared and added to our adjunct availability pool in the area of Sociology. Qualified applicants, transcripts, and materials will be reviewed and processed in preparation for assignment based student enrollment needs for upcoming terms. Select adjuncts from the pool are contracted on a per term basis on course/section need and availability. FVSU reserves the right to not schedule and/or cancel courses based on enrollment. Reporting to the Sociology department chair, the adjunct faculty serves as a part-time non-tenured instructor for up to two courses per academic term.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Teach up to two sections of Cultural Diversity, Introduction to Sociology or other related courses as assigned in one or more of the following formats: face-to-face, online, or hybrid.
– Provide all necessary information and teach materials as provided on the course syllabus.
– Deliver in a professional manner course content for any assigned course(s) as directed by the dean, director, or chair.
– Meet all scheduled class meetings for the assigned period.
– Be available to students before and after class for individual consultation.
– Cooperate in the dissemination of information to students.
– Adheres to all university and department policies regarding student attendance, instructional, testing, grading, and reporting.
– Comply with departmental, university and USG policies
– Adhere to accreditation standards.
– Submit attendance records and grade books to the department chair at the end of each term.
– Attend departmental meetings and departmental and campus-wide activities when possible.
– Master’s in Sociology or at least 18hrs. of graduate coursework in Sociology from an accredited institution.
– Prior teaching undergraduate classes for at least two years at an accredited institution is required.
– Basic knowledge of Sociological curriculum at undergraduate college level.
– Ability to integrate technology into instruction, such as: Blackboard, D2L, Brightspace, etc.
– Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
How to Apply:
Interested persons should submit a complete application packet which includes:
– FVSU Application (include Job Title)
– Cover Letter (include Job Title)
– Unofficial Transcript(s) – Diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts
– List of three (3) Professional References including contact information
Complete application packets should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Job Title in the subject line. Application packets that do not contain ALL required information will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.