Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
- Performs commercial mechanical maintenance and installation of equipment on mechanical systems located at the College’s facilities.
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years of experience working with HVAC, commercial building maintenance, plumbing and/or HVAC systems in existing and/or new construction.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a certificate in air condition and refrigeration service within 3 years of employment.
- Must possess or have the ability to obtain a fireman and/or stationary engineer license within 2 years of employment.
- Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license and maintain good driving record.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be physically able to perform all duties within the classification.
- Must be able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Must be fluent with Microsoft Office applications.
- This position is classified as essential personnel and may be required to work when the College is closed.
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Associates degree.
- Possess a certificate in air condition and refrigeration service.
- Possess a fireman and/or stationary engineer license.