Director of Educational Opportunity Center
Position Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
- Manage the day to day operation of the Educational Opportunity Center.
- Direct the successful completion of all the goals and objectives of the Educational Opportunity Center; enforce all federal and institutional policies; ensure compliance of all federal regulations.
- Plan the EOC program including setting goals and objectives, timelines, and student outcomes.
- Ensure that 1000 qualified participants are admitted to the project and provide services according to DOE requirements and as described in the grant.
- Organize the project curriculum including setting times and places; communications of activities to participants and parents; establishing the curriculum; staffing the programs; evaluating the programs.
- Coordinate the participation with outside agencies including the high schools, the Adult Basic Education programs, social service agencies, veteran’s service agencies, and community organizations.
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise, evaluate, and discipline EOC staff including full-time Advisor and part-time support staff.
- Manage and monitor the EOC budget; ensure that all spending is kept within the budget parameters.
- Evaluate the project according to standards set in the grant; report the summative evaluation in end-of-the-year reports for Delta College and the Department of Education.
- Master’s degree in higher education, college student administration, education, social work, counseling, or other related human service area.
- Five years of experience in higher education student service administration.
Additional Experiences Considered:
- Former Trio participant or employee; or individuals who were first-generation and/or low-income college students.