Senior Tutor, Chemistry
Tutor students in various Chemistry courses taught at Johnson County Community College. Other responsibilities include referring students to appropriate resources, assist students with computer software necessary for the courses, help with the basic math skills to solve problems in chemistry and other duties as requested by the supervisor.
1. Tutor students in chemistry- Help students understand concepts in chemistry and solve problems by relating to course material to what they already know, using real life examples and reviewing the math skills required.
2. Help students with proper use of resources and computer software- Provide assistance to look up reliable information online as well as in books and assist students with online homework as well as Microsoft Office works
3. Assist students with resources- Assist students with online homework as well as basic software such as word, excel.
4. Assist in daily activities of the center- Provide assistance in checking out models and books, abide by the policies of the center, respect diversity among students and other tutors.
5. Follow good work ethics- Exhibit good work ethics by being reliable and dedicated.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field with successful completion of college level chemistry courses through Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry or other related courses.
- Must be able to help with computer programs.
- Require good communication skills, including listening with understanding and patience.
- Ability to explain concepts and solving word problems in Chemistry, both orally and in written form in a one to one or small group setting
- At least one year of teaching/tutoring experience in a college setting.
- Must be familiar with laboratory techniques including spectral analysis.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
At least one year of teaching/tutoring experience in a college setting.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained.
For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Overland Park, , United States
$18.08 per hour.
For full consideration apply before
Open until filled
Hours per Week
Saturday - Sunday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
REQUIRED: (please include with your application) - Unofficial Transcript (reflecting completion of college level Chemistry courses through Organic Chemistry)