Senior Application Administrator
Administrative Info Services - 41208
The Administrative Information Services department, within Princeton University's Office of Information Technology, has an opening for a highly skilled application administrator to join our Enterprise Content Management (ECM) team within the Package Adaptation and Customization (PAC) group. The ECM team is responsible for the strategic and tactical support and integration of solutions deployed on the OnBase by Hyland enterprise platform. Reporting to the PAC ECM Manager, the application administrator will work closely with application developers, IT infrastructure architects, third party software suppliers, and University departments to support the highest quality ECM solutions.
The Senior Application Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day administration and support of the University's OnBase platform and associated services. This position requires maintaining proper configuration and access controls as well as supporting business solutions in the areas of document management, workflow, imaging, and integration with business applications. In addition, this position is responsible for migrating configuration changes to controlled QA and Production environments.
- Leads the administration and maintenance activities for the University's OnBase ECM enterprise platform which includes installing new software releases and system upgrades, evaluating and installing patches, and conducting application/configuration migrations, refreshes, and restores.
- Collaborates with infrastructure providers to determine requirements for the deployment of database, web, and application servers in a multi-instance environment.
- Specifies and verifies the architecture necessary for ECM integration with other application systems.
- Works with developers, OIT associates and/or the OnBase vendor, Hyland, to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues and collaborates with development team to implement appropriate solutions.
- Ensures that the performance and reliability of ECM systems adhere to service level standards by monitoring these systems for high availability, load balancing, and satisfactory response time. Works with other information technology professionals to resolve performance issues.
- Administers ECM systems security measures to protect data, software, and hardware.
- Develops instructions/documentation to assist end users when applicable.
- When provided access to personal, proprietary and/or confidential data, maintains such data in the strictest of confidence and follows procedures to ensure the privacy, security and proper use of data.
- 3-5 years of experience as an application administrator using Windows/IIS with a minimum of 1 year experience as an OnBase administrator.
- Extensive Experience with the installation, upgrade, enhancement, and support of large-scale and varied administrative applications including Hyland's OnBase ECM software.
- Ability to develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of OnBase administration tasks including security, roles, users, managing errors and installation.
- Ability to triage, troubleshoot, and resolve OnBase issues reported by users, understanding and supporting processes and OnBase applications across multiple business areas.
- Ability to maintain proper configuration and access control across environments.
- OnBase Certified System Administrator (OCSA).
- OnBase Certified Workflow Administrator (OCWA).
- Experience with implementing/troubleshooting IIS and Windows server 2008/2012.
- Highly motivated and self-directed with strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task between projects and applications.
- Executes strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working in and contributing to a team-oriented, collaborative environment that values positive, collegial relationships among co-workers.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent previous experience
The final candidate must complete a background check successfully.
- Experience with OnBase Workflow Studio Export, Utils Import/Export Configuration, and Configuration Migration.
- SQL Scripting, PL/SQL.
- Experience with Oracle 11 and MS SQL server 2005 database or higher.
- Experience in a higher education setting.
- Experience with Service Now.
- Knowledge of and experience with BizTalk integration for OnBase.
- Experience with OnBase API, C#, VBScript, and/or PowerShell scripting.
Actual Hours per Week, if casual hourly
Pay Rate, if Casual Hourly
Work Schedule, if other than standard hours
Eligible for Overtime
Other-see essential qualifications
Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.
Instructions for Applying
Documents which can be associated with this posting
Proposed Start Date
End Date, if a Term Appointment
Comments related to end date:
Princeton University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.