Manager, Conference and Events Services, MFRE34025CES
Responsible for the planning and execution of logistics for College, College-Hosted, and Non-College (external) events. Promotes continues development of a high quality, client-focused event coordination team. Uses experiences and judgment during the planning process and acts as a liaison between clients and internal resources to successfully execute events.
Position Title: Manager, Conference and Events Services, MFRE34025CES
Duties of Position:
- Promote Conference and Events Services through building internal and external relationships, and marketing College space effectively. Develop and implement an annual plan to enhance event planning College-wide.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Conference & Events Services Department.
- Directly recruit, train, and supervise three (3) Event Specialists, one (1) Technical Services Supervisor, one (1) part-time Event Supervisor: indirectly supervises numerous student workers and event supervisors as required for events.
- Work closely with staff and management to develop and implement policies and procedures related to Conference and Events Services.
- Communicate and resolve problems effectively and in a timely manner with event organizers.
- Foster and maintain contacts with a wide array of vendors to ensure consistent delivery of needed goods and services for events, Work with Purchasing staff to identify opportunities to enhance service and obtain best pricing.
- Ensure that all events comply with government regulations and College policies and procedures.
- Provide activity, productivity, and financial reports to Director, Business Affairs on a quarterly basis.
- Facilitate quarterly meetings with all College personnel involved in meeting and event planning, with the intention of issue identification and resolution, sharing of best practices, and establishing cross departmental relations.
- Prepare and monitor annual budgets, including establishment of revenue targets.
- Conducts annual pricing review: present recommendations to Executive Management Team for approval.
- Work with IT and Marketing to ensure Conference & Events Services website is maintained.
- As required by departmental workload, schedule and coordinate College, College-Hosted, and Non-College events utilizing College facilities. Respond promptly and courteously to client inquired and requests. Coordinate all services and technical needs, completing required paperwork, for events as necessary, including event sound and lighting, audio/visual equipment, room set-up, catering security, etc.
- Utilize reservation software system for scheduling College facilities.
- Negotiate contractual terms, and develop and implement client contracts. Periodically review event contracts to ensure compliance with College policies and procedures.
- Compile and invoice all charges to clients and deposit checks in allocated fund accounts.
- Ensure all Conference &Events Services coordinate events are appropriately supervised.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in related field
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of three (3) years experience in conference and event planning. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or lead role. Exemplary customer service skills.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Motel Management, Marketing, or Business Administration; CEP/CMP certification.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of five (5) years of experience in conference and event planning. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a supervisory or lead role.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer, multi-functional devices, calculators, FAX machines, audio/visual equipment.
Variable hours including morning, evening and weekend hours may be required. Heavy lifting may be required.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Business Affairs - BUSAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt