Digital Media Instructional Technologist
Kenyon College invites applications for the position of Digital Media Instructional Technologist. This dynamic position will collaborate with faculty in integrating technology appropriately into the teaching and learning process, specializing in support of multimedia including video, audio, still images, and web publishing. The Digital Media Instructional Technologist will support students and faculty in using multimedia technology for curricular projects and facilitate workshops, conversations, and information sharing about teaching with multimedia.
The Digital Media Specialist reports to the Director of the Center for Innovative Pedagogy.
- Collaborate with faculty on designing digital media projects and integrating them with their courses to reach pedagogical goals.
- Design and implement workshops on multimedia production skills, and the effective use of multimedia projects in teaching, for faculty and students across disciplines.
- Provide instruction on multimedia production for particular courses, tailored to the needs of particular projects.
- Provide software and hardware training and troubleshooting for faculty and students working with media tools. Relevant software may include, but is not limited to, iMovie, Final Cut, the Adobe Creative Suite, and Audacity.
- Develops guides and documentation for users.
- Bachelor's degree in a media production or education related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in multimedia production including digital audio and video recording and editing, including relevant hardware and software.
- Demonstrated teaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- A strong commitment to working in a team-based environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to form effective working relationships on all levels.
- Project management skills including attention to details and deadlines.
- Knowledge of current and emerging trends in higher education instructional technology services.
- Comfort with and enthusiasm for working in a rapidly changing environment.
- A curiosity and capacity to learn, and a desire to innovate.
Kenyon College is a nationally prominent, private liberal arts college where academic excellence goes hand in hand with a strong sense of community and close relationships among students and professors.
Please submit a letter of application, resume and contact information for three employment references by going to the Kenyon College Human Resources website. Full consideration will be given to applications received by March 1st, though applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Compensation and Benefits
Salaries at Kenyon are competitive and commensurate with experience. In addition to an attractive salary, Kenyon offers benefits for employees and their family members. Children of employees are eligible for 100% tuition waivers at Kenyon, and through the Great Lakes Colleges Association, children of employees are eligible for 85% tuition waivers at fifteen other of the nation's finest liberal arts colleges.
We also offer health and dental insurance, TIAA/CREF retirement, and many other benefits, including provisions for a spouse, families, and domestic partners. Details about benefits as well as conditions of employment are described more fully on our website.
Kenyon College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the College's policy to evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical and/or mental disability, age, religion, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by institutional policy or state, local, or federal law.