The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
Founded in 1979, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an independent professional graduate school with a dynamic student body and a professionally accomplished faculty. Our curriculum and training opportunities prepare graduates to deliver outstanding professional services emphasizing the ability to understand and work with diverse populations.
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is currently seeking an Executive Assistant to join our Chicago Campus. The Executive Assistant will provide a high level of active and independent administrative support for the Chief Operations Officer.
- Serve as a main resource and key liaison for the Chief Operations Officer.
- Manage the COO calendars, including drafting and preparing meeting agendas, briefing notes and corresponding materials.
- Manage communication (e.g., email correspondence or verbal) for the COO with internal and external constituencies.
- Manage projects as directed by the President and as dictated by the office projects timeline.
- Handles work of a confidential or complex nature, necessitating exposure to sensitive information and contacts requiring considerable discretion, judgment, tact and diplomacy, as well as a practical knowledge of the practices and procedures of the school and its programs.
- Coordinate and make arrangements for conferences, meetings and events for the COO, including arranging international and domestic travel plans.
- Produce and distribute meeting materials and related data.
- Participate in the preparation, monitoring and reporting of annual operating budgets and related reports.
- Receive, review and coordinate action of President's incoming mail. Establish and schedule deadlines for the dissemination of information.
- Answer telephone calls, determine priorities, prepare responses, and/or respond in an appropriate and timely fashion.
- Ensure that the COO expense reports and membership invoices are processed regularly and accurately.
- Work closely with the President to ensure that all projects assigned to direct reports are completed on or before deadlines assigned. Ensure that the COO is up to date on status of all assigned projects.
- Attend meetings of importance with and/or in the place of the COO. Draft agendas, schedules, notices, minutes, and respond to information requests on behalf of the President. Analyze and dispatch incoming calls, meeting requests, and correspondence in the interest of responding independently whenever possible and/or appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 5-7 years related experience required, at least 5 years' experience working as an administrative assistant to senior level executives is desired.
- Must be responsive, quick-thinking, and possess an innate ability to anticipate and respond to issues.
- Establish priorities, and work in an organized manner with emphasis on detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments and meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a member of a team.
- Excellent written communication skills with consistent application of correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar for preparing and proofreading various documents and reports.
- Demonstration of strong customer service skills and ability to manage professional and interpersonal relationships.
- Technical Skills: Must possess advanced knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, and Web applications.
For more information about The Chicago School of Professional Psychology visit www.thechicagoschool.edu
The Chicago School of Professional Psychology is an affiliate of TCS Education System. For more information about TCS Education System visit www.tcsedsystem.org
TCS Education System offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
TCS Education System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.