Director, Project Success
Achieving the Dream (ATD) is actively seeking a Director for Project Success to strengthen our mission and impact in the field. The Director is responsible for leading the provision of services and supports for up to 23 rural, Tribal Colleges and Universities (TCUs) participating in a 2.5 year initiative. The purpose of Project Success is to build the institutional capacity to support a student focused culture and improved student outcomes including the implementation of effective and sustainable solutions at scale. The Director will manage this multi-year transformation initiative including learning events; the relationships and community building with the funders, TCU service organizations, assigned coaches and the TCUs served by ATD; and the dissemination of promising practices to the network and to the broader postsecondary field.
Duties and Responsibilities
College Engagement (50%)
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with TCUs served by ATD, the assigned coaches, supporting TCU organizations and funders.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of learning opportunities for TCUs through webinars and other learning events such as the project Kickoff Institute and DREAM conference.
- Coordinate the progress reporting, coach feedback and data sharing agreements with the colleges.
- Coordinate the college onboarding process with clear and concise guidance and expectations provided to all involved parties.
- Update Salesforce with participating college contacts and maintain for currency.
- Build and maintain an online community of practice among all TCU colleges and coaches served by Achieving the Dream.
- Support the administration of the Institutional Capacity Assessment Tool (ICAT), analysis of results, and action planning at colleges.
- Coordinate with the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) regional representations to encourage TCUs to fully participate in NSC services.
Incubation and Dissemination (25%)
- Highlight participating TCUs through conference presentations, case studies, newsletters and other communication channels.
- Coordinate with Communications team to broadly disseminate findings, lessons learned, and insights.
- Develop strategies for scaling and sustaining the spread of effective strategies at TCU institutions.
- Serve as a thought leader in the ATD work with TCUs and assist in further positioning ATD as a front runner in this work with the network colleges and with other partners.
- Develop measures to ensure ATD is progressing with execution of strategies around the TCU work and develop a way to measure our impact in the field.
- Work with the Data, Technology and Analytics team and design partners to refine the Institutional Capacity Assessment Tool for TCU relevance; further develop resources; and add to cadre of subject matter experts in equity.
- Represent ATD at TCU-related convenings.
Coaching & Service Provision (25%)
- Support the recruitment, retention, and professional development of culturally competent coaches and technical assistance providers supporting Project Success.
- Manage the coach feedback and reporting process, including the development and administration of site visit reports and quality assurance procedures.
- Work closely with CFO and Finance team to provide operational oversight of coaching and technical assistance and related financials, including contract development, expense management, and coach deliverables.
- Coordinate the work of other service providers throughout the grant period to ensure aligned support at TCUs and communication with coaches.
- Support the identification, design, and execution of additional customized ATD services tailored to the individual priorities and needs of each college.
- Manage and monitor expenditures to stay within budget; draft compliance reports.
- Consult and coach ATD staff and coaching cadre to improve cross-cultural communication.
- Master’s degree required, preferably in field related to public policy, education, or social sciences; doctorate preferred.
- Minimum seven years related experience in program and project management, with thorough understanding of relationship-building and stewardship
- Prior experience working with minority-serving institutions required; experience working with TCUs preferred.
- Demonstrated high level of cultural competence.
- Prior grant-management experience.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized; able to keep track of multiple projects and keep them all moving forward simultaneously.
- Ability to work productively in both team and independent settings.
- Strong oral communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to write fluidly and for various audiences.
- Exceptional customer service skills and professional demeanor.
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined, with capacity to be highly productive working under pressure and within time constraints/deadlines.
- Flexible with a tolerance for ambiguity.
- Savviness with a wide range of computing operating systems and software applications, including instructional technology tools, learning management systems, and other systems commonly used by higher education institutions; experience with Blackboard desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher) and Google Apps.
- Commitment to ATD’s values of equity, diversity, inclusion and respect.
Position Type: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Grade: 8
Reports To: Vice President of Data, Technology and Analytics
Work Location: Silver Spring, MD; remote option available
Level of Travel Required: Moderate
February 14, 2017
Achieving the Dream, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.